Chapter Eleven

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, it's been a long time coming for this moment." The voice of Master fu speaks to her as he appears within the light that fills her vision. "I knew it would be you. The first wish." He says, reaching out one hand to Marinette as the other holds onto his cane. "Master Fu. I've missed you so much." She says, tears wanting to come out of her eyes.

"Ah Marinette, I've always been with you. As have all the past Guardians." He says as hundred of other people appear around her in the light. It was all of them, since the beginning of thee miraculouses. "But that's not what you're here for. You are here for a wish, one that come with a price." He says, all the other people disappearing from her view. "I never explained to you why only one wish has ever been made with the miraculous, but it's time. With each wish comes a hefty price depending on what the holder wishes for. The last wish rewrote time, causing the dinosaurs to go extinct. It was since then that we started having what you know as Guardians, otherwise known as the Warder of the Miraculous." He explained.

"I know my wish Master Fu. It's going to end this suffering that millions have faced, I'm willing to make that sacrifice as Guardian and Ladybug! No one needs to get hurt again!" She says, walking closer to the old man. "Very well. As long as you know what you are going to face. Have your wish Marinette." He says now standing still with his cane.

"I wish to heal someone. I want them to be healthy and live a normal life." She says, thinking back to what had just happened with Gabriel and Adrien only a few seconds ago. "Very well, as long as you know who, this wish is yours" He closes his hands together, dropping his cane. The light disappears as Marinette drops to the ground. For Adrien and Gabriel the incident happened within a second, as if Marinette had froze time.

Adrien rushed to the girl as Gabriel dropped to his knees, he felt defeated. Marinette blinks her eyes slowly as Adrien holds her in his arms. "Hey, Hey, it's going to be okay. I promise it's going to be okay." Adrien's voice slightly cracks as tears run down his face. He scans Marinette for injuries, but nothing, she looked fine. "Adrien." She placed one hand on his face, rubbing him slightly with her thumb. "You're the best partner anyone could ever ask for. Please take good care of the Kwami's" She says, smiling slightly. "No! No! You can help me! We can guard the miraculous together. It's me and you, Right?!" He knew what was coming, but refused to let her go. "Forever." The quite word leaves her mouth. "I love you Marinette." He sobs, but the girl doesn't reply. Her eyes give him a blank stare as her hand falls from his face. Her eyes remain on him, but the life behind them are gone. She was gone.

"Marinette?" He held his hand against her face, trying to get a response. "Marinette!" He screamed, crying with her still in his arms. A gasp from a woman comes from behind Gabriel and Adrien as Emilie stands facing them. She immediately looks to Adrien holding the lifeless girl, crying into her chest. "What's going on here. What happened." she questioned as Gabriel turned to her, still on his knees as tears dripped down his face. Adrien was going through what he had when Emilie went into the coma. He cause his son the pain he felt that day Emilie went under. "What have I done?" Gabriel sobbed, looking back to his crying son.