- 8 -

//Look who's updating this bookI'll be honest with you all, I'm not that much into Invader Zim as I used to me, but I wanna come back to this book occasionally. When I have ideas of course. Which I do. So enjoy.

I was sitting on the couch on my phone, I was bored out of my mind. I didn't have to work today, so I didn't know what to do. I watched random videos, but even that didn't cure my boredom, until Dib walked out of his room, he looked like he was going somewhere.

"Oh! Dib!"

I rose up from the couch, Dib turned his head to me in surprise. "Yeah?" he asked, "Are you going somewhere? If so.. Can I come?" I smiled, hopefully. Dib rubbed the back of his neck, "Well.. I don't see why not.." I smiled, and immediately hopped up off the couch. Dib and I then made our way out the door, and down the stairs.

The two of us had been walking for a few minutes now, and I've just realized I've never even asked him where we were going... "Hey Dib?" I spoke up, "Uh, yeah?" he snapped his attention to me, "Where are we going exactly?" I questioned, "Oh.. Just to this.. Store.." he told me, I nodded, "What kind?" I asked, "Well.. You'll see when we get there." I nodded again, the two of us kept walking, until we arrived at a small little shop. I stared at the sign to see it was something to do with the paranormal. I wasn't surprised...

I followed Dib inside, as he looked around, and I noticed his eyes had a sparkle in them. I watched him pick up what he called a 'spirit box' and told me about it. "This allows you to communicate with spirits!" he then continues to show me and explain things to me, which makes me stare at him amused. He was such a nerd, it was cute.. Dib took notice of my look, and his smile dropped, "You probably think this is stupid, huh?" he sighed, my eyes widened, "Huh? Of course not, I just think it's admirable to see someone so into their interests." I explain to him, "Oh–wait, wait.. So you.. DON'T think I'm weird for this?" he saids shocked, I nod slowly, giving a confused look. "Wow.. This is.. New for me." he tells me, "Really?" I ask, "Yeah.. Everyone would always make fun of me for this, and my dad would.. Basically tell me it was a waste of time." he explained, I felt my lips form a frown, as I then wrapped my arms around him. Dib froze for a second, before he slowly hugged me back. "I'm nothing like them.. I promise." I reassured, Dib hugged a bit tighter, "Thank you.." he whispered.

Dib had ended up buying the spirit box, and told me that he wanted to take me to a haunted location to try it out one day. I of course agreed, the two of us then left the store, only to see it was raining. "I didn't know it was supposed to rain today.." I mumbled, watching as the rain fell, I felt something be placed onto my shoulders, only to notice it was the jacket Dib was wearing. I turned to Dib, to see he was smiling a bit, I smiled back, feeling my face heat up a bit.

I'm glad I got to learn more about him today.

The two of us had walked back to our apartment complex, with Dib being soaked, while I was safe because of his jacket. I kinda felt bad, and tried to return the jacket to him a few times, but he always told me it was fine. We walked into the apartment to be met with a Zim staring at us, with his arms crossed, "Where have YOU and the Dib-stink been??" he questioned, Dib let out a sigh, rolling his eyes, "None of your business, Zim, now if you'll excuse me... I need to change my clothes, and get away from him." with that, Dib sends me a soft smile, which I return and walks away. I look back at Zim, who was now giving me a suspicious expression, I tilt my head at him, "Is something going on between you and the Dib?" he questions, I quickly shake my head, "No no, I just went to a shop with him.." I told him, Zim just kept the same look, as he walked away. I let out a sigh, and collapsed back onto the couch, I close my eyes, thinking about everything that happened. I felt a smile tug at my lips, as I slowly fall asleep.