Reincarnation

"Hey, why are you crying, babe?"

Agad na pinunasan ni Grace ang mga pumatak na luha sa kaniyang mga mata nang mahimigan niya ang boses ko.

"W-Wala 'to, babe." She forced to plaster a smile as she slowly downed the book she's reading on her lap.

Grace is my girlfriend for two years and I believe, we are so in love with each other. We are both live in partners and pen kami both sides. In fact, our families are both pushing us to get married. Not just them but Grace also had the same sentiments. She kept on mumbling things about marriage and I could see it in her eyes the sense of envy whenever she see her friends getting married one by one.

But as much as I love her, I just couldn't grant her wish. Because apart from being financially incapable, getting married could also hinder me from doing things I love like going to different parties, chatting with random ladies at the bar and even making out with them.

Yes, I do love my girlfriend but there's something inside me that craves for thrill and spice which Grace failed to give at me. My girlfriend is into prayers and books while I, on the other hand, is a sucker for parties and alcohol.

I'm such a party-goer person and in fact, I prefer a woman whom I can vibe with, not someone like Grace who can live by just reading books inside a secluded room.

"Babe, do you believe in reincarnation?"

The sweet, delicate voice of Grace pulled me back from the reality.

With a confused look, I asked her. "That's so random of you to ask that question. B-Ba't mo naman naitanong, babe?"

"I just read a story about two persons who are being reincarnated over and over again. But the painful part was, they were reborn not to be happy but to suffer the same tragic ending repeatedly. Alam mo 'yon, pilit silang pinagtatagpo ng tadhana hindi para ipagpatuloy ang naudlot na pagmamahalan kundi para saktan lang ang isa't-isa."

Grace cried once again as she continued the story.

"Pero alam mo 'yong maganda doon sa story? Kasi palaging nangangako 'yong lalaki sa babae na kahit paulit-ulit silang mabubuhay sa ibang pagkatao at sa ibang panahon, pipiliin niya pa rin ito nang paulit-ulit."

When I saw her sobbing heavily, I immediately hugged her and softly caressed her back.

"If reincarnation is really true, then I'd always find and choose to love you, babe," I whispered beneath her ears.

I am not a soft person and I couldn't cry easily but somehow, the story on the book have moved me for no apparent reason.

"Ba't ayaw mo pang magpakasal, babe?" pag-iiba ni Grace nang usapan na siyang nagpakaba sa akin.

"L-Let's not rush things, babe. Mas maganda 'pag hindi pinipilit ang mga bagay. At isa pa, darating din tayo diyan. But as for now, let's just go with the flow and embrace our freedom as couple," I reasoned out.

Before Grace could even form a response, I automatically excused myself and went into our room only to find my phone beeping.

The name of Chelsea flashed on the phone screen and I let out a sigh of relief that it was me who answered the call and not my girlfriend.

"Di ba sabi ko sa 'yo na huwag kang tumawag 'pag nandito ako sa bahay?! Paano na lang 'pag nahuli ako ng girlfriend ko?" 'Di ko mapigilang pagtaasan ng boses si Chelsea sa kabilang linya.

Chelsea and I just met in a high-end bar. Her role in my life? Well, she's nothing but a whore who satisfies me in bed. No strings attached.

"B-Ba't ka napatawag? Mapapahamak ako sa ginaga—"