Chapter 22

Luke's POV:

The room fell silent after Lianas words

The room fell silent after Lianas words. If she wants to be like Bella then she doesn't want to accept us and will run away. Though she clearly meant that she wants to be nice and beautiful like her.

„You can't. You need to be yourself and not like me. You are perfect as you are."
Bella said after a while. She seems taken aback that a kid would say something like that to her.

„You're probably right. But I want to become a person who is nice to everyone. Even to people who did something bad to me." What did she say?

„What do you mean with that, Liana?" Vincent asks her.

„I mean that she is clearly uncomfortable but still nice. I want to become strong like that."

Did a ten year old really say something so philosophical? Why does she feel that Bella is uncomfortable I think she is way more comfortable than those hours ago.

Bella flinches by Lianas true words and I know she can't say anything to this now so I take the opportunity to change the topic.
The food already is on the table and some of my brothers already started to eat.

,,Liana what do you wanna eat? I'll put it on my plate" I say to her and she breaks her gaze to Bella to look at me.

We eat in awkward silence - no one says anything until the dessert is brought in.
I look at the dessert in front of me and Its strawberry pie. Bellas favourite. Just as Liana wanted to eat it I took the plate and places it next to Bellas. „It's your favourite. You can have mine."

„BUT THAT WAS MINE!" Liana yelled. This kid has terrible moodswings. In one moment she talked like an adult and in the next she is a child throwing a tantrum.

„Liana, you can have dads. Come here." Liam says and takes her from my lap onto his.

Suddenly I hear Bella giggle and when she sees that I turn to look at her she stops.

In this little moment I felt my heart ache.
But it was a short moment which immediately disappeared.
Álvaro coughs and stands slowly up ,,Let's get to the work Luke"

„Carlos." I say loudly.
He walks in and goes directly to Bella. He knows why I called him. Bella needs to get back in my room and not listen to anything business related.

Without arguing with me she stands up, thanks us for the meal and says it was nice meeting them. Though they and I all now that's not true.

I can literally feel her anger as she walks out of the room even though she tries to hide it from everyone. But I know she won't let it sit with herself.
As soon as she leaves I'm the next person walking out of the room and the rest follow me. This will be a big meeting with my family now and I know that these mostly end up with a discussion so everyone seems already to be in a bad mood.

We enter my big, dark office room and everyone besides Luna and Liana sit down.
Luna always tries to keep Liana from this mafia stuff but deeply she knows that it won't help much. Liana can't change her faith, being born into the Mafia business.

But everyone in our family would accept if our little girl said she wants to do something different. Nothing related to mafia. We're a family and accept our choices. Just like my parents said I would get the Spanish mafia leader title. Even if they will have a child of their own. I know they want one that looks like them and I know they love me even if I'm not their blood.
I need to snap out of my emotional thought, there is important stuff to take care of.

I raise my gaze and see everyone looking at me.
,,You all must know why you're here right know. Why you HAVE to be here.''
They nod quickly.
,,I-...WE, were attacked. Someone was dumb enough to just walk into my house. To threaten us. To nearly kill us. After that accident they spied on us and hurt my men.''
Silence.
Everyone seems to be lost in their thoughts, trying to find out who would actually dare to touch our family.
Long time there was only peace and we were the ones who were on top of all other businesses. We had no enemies a long time. How would we have? I mean we were the strongest and nobody was dumb enough to try to take our position. No one DARED.
,,How...How can this happen out of nowhere? We had no real big enemy from whom we know.''
I sigh and respond to Xavier.
,,I think we were the ones who provocated a fight''
I mean I was the one. By kidnapping Bella.

,,Bellas parents are killers but its unclear for whom they work. They came into my house and wanted to take her back. I don't think that they really thought they could do it. I assume this whole thing was a plan. But for what reason?''.