1. A bad omen.

SUMMER FLING

Jingling of her anklets spread across the hall - way. She was so excited for her sister’s wedding, why not; she loved her sister way too much. Her sister Aashna was her second mother since her childhood after thier mother's sudden demise.
She carried a whole box of sweets and passed it to the guest’s and welcomed them whole heartedly. She was such a genuine & beautiful soul. Her long lashes, pink cheeks and soft lips made her look even more beautiful but her eyes held different emotions. SHE WAS A BAD OMEN WHO KILLED HER MOTHER. But for drishti, she knew that it wasn't her which caused her mother's death.

She received all the hatred from others, she was hated by everyone in her family,But that never stopped her from achieving what she wanted. She gained success, Pursued everything in her life. She took over an NGO, which gave shelter to thousands of people, she got her MBA degree and got placed in a multinational company of shekhawath’s.

“Drishti”, she heard her dad’s loud and booming voice, she shuddered. A lump formed down her throat, She turned back, gulping down. She was scared; No. Hell scared. She didn't wanted to get embarassed again Infront of so many guests. She still didn't forget all the slaps she received from her dad but she knew that, no one can save her from her father's wrath.

“Yes papa”, she said meekly.

“Dont call me that, You bad omen. I asked you to get srusti ready but here you are, wasting your time and running everywhere. Did you even work? You just know to sit and eat”,he yelled. She flinched at his loud voice, but she was habituated of this. She saw People around her eyeing her whispering something to themselves.

She looked at 8 box of sweets that she was balancing in both her hands.

By this time, her eyes were filled up with fresh tears. She have been working  continuously since four days, from arranging the decors to helping the catering services to carry everything, she was already tired.  A whole lot of make-up couldn't cover up her baggy eyes.

“Papa, i-

“Go back and work. Such a lazy girl you are, atleast have some courtesy. You already owe us lot of things”, he muttered angrily and went away.

She broke down. She broke down infront of hundreth’s of people standing around her whispering but she couldn't stop herself. She didn't wanted to, she didn't wanted to cry, she didn't wanted them to see her weak. She wanted to stay strong but her tears cheated her, they fell down mercilessly. Her life is nothing but a mere Circle, Infinity but with no meaning & expectations. What should she expect? She killed her mom. She deserve this. She is the reason that her mom is no more, but somewhere she knew that it was all a lie. She didn't push her mother that day, she knew it wasn't her fault. Her mind memorized everything that happened that day.

~

“Drishti, you love moon right?”, her mom asked her. Drishti looked at her mom as she held her little teddy close to her chest & then eyed the moon, it was full moon day and it looked gorgeous.

“Yes mama, can we go there?”, she pointed towards the sky.

“Mama will bring it to you drishti. Wait for her, will you?”, her mom smiled. All drishti could notice was her mom’s smile & not the pain behind that smile.

Before drishti could speak out, she saw her mom slipping down the balcony. A loud shriek left drishti’s mouth as she saw her mom lying down the veranda with the pool of blood around her.

~

Slowly wiping off her eyes, she made her way towards her sister’s room. Checking herself one last time she took a long breath, she knocked over her sister's room door.

“Didi”, she called.

“Yes”, she heard her sisters voice.

“Can I come in?”, Drishti asked.

“Yes Princess, you can.”, Aashna spoke

Aashna was the only person who cared about Drishti. Her sister was more than a mother to her, Srusti would always look up for her sister even in between thousands of people in the croud.

“Di, you still didn't wear your lehenga? Oh god”,Drishti sighed.

“Dri, come here. Sit.”, Aashna patted a small place beside her while dristi placed the sweet Box over the table and sat beside her sister.

“You will miss me right?”, she asked.

“uhm, let me think”, Drishti let out a dramatic laugh.

“I love you.”, Aashna hugged her sister wiping off the tears that were ready to flow down.

“I love you too.”, Drishti squeaked.

Aashna kissed her sister’s forehead. She wanted to live this moment because everything is going to change after this. Nothing will remain same.

_______

Drishti & Abhimanyu