Chapter 16: Another Different Day (2)

"So, what's between you and Kushida-san?"

Now that Horikita found out something and wants to know what's between Kushida and me, it only remains to tell her the truth.

But the truth is I don't know what relationship I have with Kushida, beyond being classmates, the thoughts I have and what happened these past few days… I touch my lips again remembering the kiss she gave me.

Ayanokouji: "What's between us…?"

Horikita: "What you did is an answer."

I'm sure Horikita saw me touch my lips, I guess I gave her an indirect answer with that. I'll try to not know what she's talking about.

Ayanokouji: "Huh?"

Horikita: "Don't pretend not to know what I'm talking about, in the last few weeks Kushida-san and you were closer, besides noticing a different behavior in both of you, it's obvious what's going on."

Ayanokouji: "So what's going on?"

Horikita: "Really, will you make me say it?"

Ayanokouji: "I really don't know what you're talking about, if you tell me it will be better."

The last thing I said annoyed Horikita a lot, she took her things and decided to leave, but before that she stopped at the door.

Horikita: "Kushida-san and you, are both of you a couple?"

Ayanokouji: "..."

I remained silent, which made Horikita angry who on her way out slammed the door.

Horikita's question left me thinking, previously I rejected Satou because I didn't think I am fit to be someone's partner and enter into a romantic relationship.

That was before, but now, I think with what happened in the past few weeks with Kushida it makes me reconsider the idea of having a relationship, which means...

Ayanokouji: "Do I want to have a girlfriend?"

If I think about it better, having a relationship with someone, it's a normal thing in a student's life. I came to this school to have a normal student life. I guess it will be good to have a girlfriend. I think it would be good if Kushida was my girlfriend, but there's a problem with that.....

My phone started ringing. This time the call was from Kei. I'm sure she has something to tell me about what happened today.

It would be better to talk about it in person.I sent her a message to meet, and she agreed. I better go now, if I make her wait she will surely get mad.

I arrived at our usual meeting place, the garden behind the student building. Kei was already there, it didn't take long to come here, surely Kei came after seeing me in my room.

Kei: "You came quickly."

Ayanokouji: "I didn't want to keep you waiting."

Kei: "Let's get to the point, tell me everything."

Ayanokouji: Sigh "I had an accident yesterday, it happened while I was planning the group strategy in Kushida's room, that's why she came to see me first and wasn't that surprised when I told her."

There's no point lying to Kei, after all she's my ally so she'll understand the situation and won't have a problem with it.

Kei: "You could have told me earlier."

Ayanokouji: "I didn't want to give you a hassle, you should be focused for the next exam."

Kei: "Next time tell me, it won't be any trouble for me."