7

It was a slow afternoon. Bradley found herself walking around her block, thinking about how she could possibly mend things with her mother. The woman might have been cold. But they were still family.

When she turned on the street of her apartment, she noticed a familiar blonde by the concrete stairs. "What are you doing here?" Bradley asked.

"I'm not sure." Taylor smiled when Bradley walked towards her. "I hope you don't mind me just showing up at your doorstep."

"Better you than your brother. Can I help you with something?"

"Not anything specific. I felt like talking, that's all."

Bradley wasn't sure what to think of it. But the surprise was somewhat intriguing. "You can come inside, and we can pretend that you're not underage."

Taylor narrowed her eyes, confused. "I'm not—"

"To drink." Bradley clarified. "Do you like wine or whiskey?"

Taylor shook her head of her dirty thoughts. "Anything."

Bradley opened her door and they walked in. Removing some of her layers, Bradley headed into the kitchen. "Have you decided your first choice for college yet?" Bradley asked, as she poured two glasses of chardonnay.

"Yeah, already sent my applications. Do you live alone?" Taylor asked as she craned her neck around.

"All by myself. But don't worry I invite bodies over to keep me warm when I get lonely."

Taylor hesitated to smile. "I'd assume you have many people you can call at anytime to keep you company," Taylor said.

"Some." Bradley cracked a goofy smile. "What about you? Anyone that you run to?"

"Not really. It's hard to run anywhere when you're busy with life and choices. Or having to attend awkward dinners."

Bradley slid the glass towards Taylor. "Awkward indeed. My mother's still pissed at me for that night."

"I can imagine. Has she agreed to not set you up anymore?"

Bradley rolled her shoulders backward. "I hope so. I'll confirm when she starts speaking to me again."

"I'm still trying to figure out how to stand up to my own mother," Taylor said. She leaned the glass to her lips and cringed.

"Not a drinker?"

Taylor swallowed. "No. But I'm trying."

"College will help with that."

"I'm sure it will."

Bradley eyes travelled over the curve of Taylor shoulder blade and towards her slender waist. "Are you here to convince me to date your brother?"

Taylor laughed. "I'm sure there's nothing I can do to convince you, other than taking off my clothes and—"

Bradley narrowed her eyes, amused. Taylor gulped. "Are you propositioning me for something?" Bradley teased.

Taylor felt a blush creeping onto her cheeks. "No. I'm just—he told me that you're—"

"Gay? Yeah. But even if you take off your clothes, I'm still not going to pretend to like your brother." Bradley devoured her glass of wine.

Taylor studied Bradley for a moment. "Don't worry, I'm not trying to persuade you to do anything."

"And why not? I wouldn't mind if you tried." Bradley grinned, then caught herself. "Stupid joke. I'm not trying to seduce you, just to be clear."

"Didn't think that was your attention." They awkwardly stood there for a bit before Bradley broke the silence.

"I'm going to order takeout. Are you staying or—"

"Do you want me to stay?" Taylor asked.

Bradley smiled. "I wouldn't mind. Just keep your clothes on."

"I doubt you could resist if I didn't." Taylor responded.

Bradley looked at the young girl and wondered if she did have that much restraint. "We'll have to see about that then."

Taylor shoved Bradley as she walked past her. "Get your head out of the gutter."

"I don't know how." Bradley grinned. She enjoyed teasing the blonde, way more than she was willing to admit to herself.