10

Bradley observed the young blonde as they ate in silence. She thought about what Sally had said earlier that day and tried to think about anything else but how amazing Taylor's lips must feel.

"You've been staring for a while," Taylor said, looking up from her plate.

"Sorry," Bradley peeled her eyes away and walked to the fridge. "You haven't touched your drink. Need something carbonated?"

"Yeah. Thanks. Are you still willing to listen to my problems?"

Bradley turned to her with two cans of soda in her hand. "Whenever you're ready."

"I decided to come out to my mom."

Bradley placed the drinks on the counter and leaned forward. "Seems like our mothers are alike in that way."

Taylor nodded. "Think they're complaining to each other about how their daughters are—"

Bradley laughed. "Sure. My mom really likes talking about things that embarrass her." She opened her soda and took a sip. "She won't even talk about it with my dad, I'm sure of it."

"My mother's spiraling. I think hell would be better than this," Taylor said.

"But I won't be there. I'm sure a life without me isn't a life worth living."

"And you don't think you're going to hell?"

"No, Taylor. I'm gay not an axe murderer. Don't think negatively about your sexuality."

"I'm not." Taylor took her dishes to the sink. "Are we friends or are we—" as she filled the dishwasher, Bradley leaned against the counter and admired her from behind.

"We're friends, I think," Bradley responded. "What do you think?"

"I think that you should stop looking at my ass."

Bradley nibbled on her bottom lip, embarrassed. "My bad. I thought I saw a fly."

"Sure, you did." Taylor giggled and wiped her hand on a dishtowel. "Our moms would go crazy if we started dating."

Bradley nodded. "That would be something. I'd be labelled the child groomer."

"Right." Taylor flicked the towel over her shoulder. "I turn nineteen next month. Robbing the cradle would be more appropriate."

"How much older than you do you think I am?" Bradley rose her brow.

"Hm. Jacob's thirty one, so I'm guessing you're at least twenty nine."

"I look twenty nine?" Bradley stared at her fuzzy reflection in the microwave.

"No, you look like sixteen." Taylor grinned widely. "That would make me the groomer, wouldn't it?"

"All jokes aside. I'm only twenty seven."

"You might be the oldest woman I've been attracted to."

Bradley crossed her arms over her chest. "Hm. You're attracted to me?"

Taylor winked. "Something like that."

"You're going off to college soon. I'm sure you'll get over my pretty face when you find those college girls."

"You think you're pretty?" Taylor teased. "Why sleep with college girls when I can have myself a cougar?"

Bradley gasped. "I'm not that old!" She watched Taylor drink her soda. "Now, I'll never let you see me naked. You'll describe me as a corpse."

Taylor laughed softly. "Relics are gorgeous too."

Bradley narrowed her eyes at her. "So you admit that you want to see me naked?"

Taylor continued to laugh. "For curiously sake. I won't touch you, I promise."

"Not even if I beg?"

Bradley began to laugh with Taylor. "If you beg, I'll consider it."

"Consider it? I don't think you'll be able to resist."

"You think so? We'll have to try then, won't we?"

Bradley shook her head. "I think I'm ready for bed. Let me know if you need anything." Bradley threw her empty can into the trash and walked to the stairs.

"What if what I need has something to do with between my legs?"

Bradley sucked in a deep breath. "Goodnight, Taylor." She looked at Taylor before she walked up the stairs. As much as Bradley wanted to believe that they'd end up in bed together, she wasn't sure if Taylor was only teasing or being serious.