9

"Hey." Bradley realized that someone was sitting at her front door. "You okay?"

Taylor looked up with tears in her eyes. "Somewhat."

Bradley stretched her hand out for Taylor and helped her up. "Come on. It's frickin' cold out here."

They walked in and both began to shed their layers. Bradley admired the thin sweater that was hidden underneath Taylor's clothing.

"You got any more of that wine?"

"You didn't like it." Bradley led Taylor upstairs, since she followed without even thinking. Bradley walked into her bedroom to find lip balm for her chapped lips.

"I could use anything to take the tension off." Taylor looked around the room and sat on Bradley's bed. "How was your day?"

"Good." Bradley removed her earrings as she looked through her drawer. "For some reason I kept thinking that you would text me." Bradley shook her head. "It's actually nice having someone to talk to."

"I'm sure you have a lot of other friends," Taylor said.

Bradley turned to her as she applied the lip balm to her lips. "No one like you though. You're young and funny. It's somewhat refreshing."

Taylor threw herself backward and grabbed a pillow. "Can I stay the night? I don't want to go home."

"Sure," Bradley mumbled without thinking. "I've got a guest bedroom."

"Sweet," Taylor whispered and closed her eyes for a moment. "Thank you."

"Yeah. You hungry? Or you still want that drink?"

Taylor nodded. "Anything. I'm so sick of everything that I can drink a bottle of that gross wine."

"You can tell me what's on your mind when you're ready. I'll be downstairs."

Bradley headed into her closet, changed into something more comfortable, then went downstairs into the kitchen.