•Chapter 9

~Jennie~

I've been trying to try while flashbacks come like gusts of wind to my mind and I remember exactly the moment she transformed and the fear seeps through my feet again.

"It means that. Let's see, you say I'm your moon? And you are a werewolf who can transform. But that doesn't exist. Nobody can tell you to love someone, what you say is unreal" I shake my head and she sighs, looking away towards a point in the bedroom.

"Jennie, this will be difficult for you to understand but it's just for now. I'm not going to force you to love me but I won't let you go from my side I just couldn't stand it. I know not, the separation of dunks is something that is not very nice to experience, it has not happened to me but I have had to witness it"

Her voice was afflicted and somewhere in my heart it hurt and I don't know the reason.

I look at her a little bewildered and try to get up from the bed, she in an agile movement takes my hands and helps me up.

"I need to take a bath. Will you leave me alone?" I say without looking her in the eye. I feel her slightly loosen her grip on my hands and pull away from me.

"All right, I'll come in a few moments to see how you are" I nod and before going out the door she turns her face and we lock eyes, after that she walks out and I sigh.

Although I deny it, her closeness gets on my nerves. I'm still dazed and confused enough to understand the effect her closeness has.

I snap out of my thoughts and head to the bathroom.

(...)

I start going down the stairs as I head towards the kitchen for something to eat. The house was extremely quiet and I prayed to God that I didn't meet anyone. There I find a girl from behind cutting something. She turns to where I am and gives me a warm smile.

"Hello" she says to me and approaches the kitchen island "My name is Seulgi, are you?"

"My name is Jennie." I hesitated a few moments to tell her without knowing what to do and in the end I mentioned it "The alpha couple."

The girl's smile faded from her face and her eyes they showed nervousness his hand dropped the knife that he was carrying in his hands making him fall to the ground he bowed.

"Oh, excuse me, Luna, I didn't know... you-you Excuse me."

Her action took me by surprise and I approached her touching her shoulders.

"You don't have to do that. Get up." She obeyed and stopped bowing still without looking me in the eye she kept her head down and her hands behind her back "You can call me Jennie."

"I'm not allowed moon" she denied.

At that moment a girl who was more or less a head ahead of me approached us.

"Seulgi." she greeted the girl and she raised her head in greeting "Who is she?" she asked when she noticed my presence.

"It's the moon of our alpha Rosé."

The girl smiled at me and bowed.

"I'm Park Roseanne beta of this pack is a pleasure my moon"

"You can call me Jennie" I repeated to the girl "can stop calling me moon?, I don't even know what it is."

The girl giggled slightly in my direction.

"Lisa has told me a lot about you" I take a fruit from the island "Speaking of her, she sent me to see how you were and apparently you feel better."

I nodded

"Let's go.. I'll take you where she is, she wants to introduce you to someone" She tells me and invites me to go ahead, I do what she says and then she comes to my side leading us to what seems to be the garden.

Arriving there I noticed the presence of two women at Lisa. One looked quite young with straight jet black hair and the other was a rather pretty older lady.

"Jennie" Lisa says smiling, realizing my presence, she holds out one of her hands and takes one of mine.

Rosé next to me tenses up when looking at the girl in front, the youngest, and she averts her gaze. We take a seat . Me near Lisa and Rosé in a seat alone near the girl.

"I want to introduce you to my mother Laura Manoban and my sister Jisoo." I smile pointing at them.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you Jennie, we have been looking forward to it and let me say that you are more beautiful than my daughter described to you."

For a moment I felt my cheeks heat up and I looked the other way so Jennie wouldn't see my face.

"It's nice to meet you too" I tried to smile.

"Oh, I was quite excited to meet you" Jisoo spoke excitedly. And I smiled at her too.

"Well Lisa and all this, who is planning the party to introduce your mate to the pack?" Lisa's mother spoke and I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.

I was a little confused and nervous despite pretending that everything was fine... this alphas, mates, packs had me quite confused until now.

"No one mother I haven't thought of anything yet" Lisa stared at me and smiled.

"But not for less I will organize it this Saturday everyone will see the beautiful moon that this herd will have" Touch my hands.

"And you and I will go shopping for this day" Jisoo says excitedly while she didn't notice the smile that Rosé had while watching her

"HEY, what about you daughter, have you found your soul mate?" Rosé's mother interrupts and I see Jisoo's smile disappear.

Rosé clears her throat and moves her left foot nervously.

In that a corpulent man approaches where we are with a face of few friends.

"Family reunion without me" He says with a rough, coarse and harsh voice.