•Chapter 20

~Jennie~

I entered the great hall finding it empty. Laura had placed me here saying that she had to talk to me about something super important, rather show me. I was a little nervous because she had said it with such seriousness that it was frightening. Such was the secret that she preferred not to tell Lisa, asking me not to say anything.

(Laura is Lisa's mother)

"Jennie dear" She came to my side hugging me and then gave me two kisses on the cheeks "Sorry for the delay is that my husband has just arrived from his trip."

I nod "Don't worry, it's fine" I murmured while she smiled at me tenderly.

"I placed you here but it is not the best place; anyway..Come on" she take my hand leading me to a large bookcase sat in one corner of the room. She pulls out a large red book with strange letters on the edges. I furrowed my brow questioningly.

"What is ...?" Before I can argue anything else, she makes a dinner and I look forward.

Where the bookcase used to be, there was now an extensive corridor, not so much the corridor had the appearance of a forest, it was all very green and pasty.

"Don't be scared, first I want you not to be alarmed by everything that may happen, try to keep your emotions under control, okay?" I nod doubtfully and she takes my hand to enter.

After being inside, the entrance closes and everything inside expands giving me the vision of a forest in its entirety.

"Come on, she's waiting for you" She? She said? I thought desperate.

We walk not so long until we get close to a large waterfall, she stops my step watching me with caution.

"Just let the water wet your small hand" Indicates and I do what she says without hesitation. There appears the clear silhouette of a woman. Her hair was in the middle of her back of an intense black, her gaze was deep, happy and with a hint of nervousness. She was dressed in white wearing a crown of blue flowers that fit perfectly with the vibe in her wardrobe.

"It's you" I hear her voice for the first time and it fills me with nostalgia when I recognize her. My mother, it's her.

"Jennie, I'll leave you alone, just don't go over the waterfall," I nod somewhat confused.

"Daughter" She mentions again and there my eyes fill with tears. Remember to control your emotions I tell myself.

"I missed you" It's the only thing I can say "I missed you too much."

"I missed you more darling. I have many things to talk to you about, but it will be later " She convinces herself "You don't know how much I would give to be there with you. Hug you and fill you with kisses darling, forgive me."

"Mom, I know more or less everything. He made me believe that you were dead, it's not so much your fault" Clarify "I have many questions to ask you and talk to you" I say feeling the knot form in my stomach.

"We can not. You are in danger and until we know that much your power is and that you can control it, we cannot be together" She declares.

"But why? What prevents us from seeing each other?" I sob inaudible as I wipe the tears from my eyes. I see my hands and there are the branches again.

"Honey, it's a bit complicated, but I promise you that your dad and I will be with you soon, now we have to cut off communication. Do not forget that I love you very much ."

I nod and burst into tears as I watch the waterfall turn to water again.

"Are you okay honey?" Laura arrives behind me "Come, we must leave before you become a mess."