Chapter 1: The Beginning

"B-b-baby..." i said as my lips quivered.

"Don't fucking call me baby. Im not your baby. I'm done." Andrew yelled.

Andrew was my boyfriend. Well.. now my ex. I loved him so much until today. I walked into the living room to see Andrew sitting there red and tense.

"What's wrong?" I asked, knowing he was mad at me, but i had no idea why.

"You fucking cheating whore." Andrew yelled.

I've never seen Andrew so mad. He's never ever called me a whore or yelled at me. I gotta admit, i was scared that he was going to hurt me. Even though i knew he never would.

"What...? I didn't cheat Andrew." I said confused.

"Yes you fucking did. Don't act like you don't know what im fucking talking about." He said, holding up a fake screenshot.

"What the fuck?" I screamed "i never fucking said that! Who sent you that?!"

"Brianna sent me it!" He yelled.

Brianna. I knew it. Brianna was Andrews best friend and she fucking hated me. She did everything behind Andrew's back to try and get us to break up. She liked Andrew but me and him were dating, so she got mad at me and tried to convince me to break up with him. I knew she was going to do something that would make Andrew pull the plug.

"Of course Brianna sent it! She's been trying to get us to split up ever since she found out we were dating!" I yelled.

"Oh Bullshit! Im fucking done Stephanie. Don't even try to reach out to me. Fuck you." He yelled, packing his stuff and leaving.

I sat there in shock. He didn't even let me explain. He slammed the door behind him and i sat on the couch and cried. I texted my friend Arianna.

Me: Hey Ari.

Ari: Hey. Whats up?

Me: Andrew broke up with me.

Ari: What?! Why??

Me: He said that i was cheating on him and showed me a screenshot of a fake conversation that Brianna sent him.

Ari: Thats fucked up. You deserve so much better.

Me: Yeah i know. Im so upset.

Ari: I know, you will find somebody who loves you. I promise.

Me: Thanks Ari.

Ari: No problem :)

I put my phone down and thought for a second. Will i ever find somebody who loves me? I hoped so. I wanted to get married to Andrew, but he's so gullible. Tears fell down my face as i thought about Andrew.

I picked up my phone and went onto Andrew's instagram. I saw a picture of him and Brianna kissing. I squeezed my phone and cried. I threw it down in realization that he was cheating on me.

"Did he ever love me?!" I screamed.

Not having somebody there to comfort me was terrible. Yeah, i was crying over a cheater. But i truly loved him. I didn't think i would ever meet somebody and love them as much as I loved Andrew.

I sent Arianna the picture of Brianna and Andrew. My phone buzzed and i typed a quick reply before completely breaking down. I just wanted to be with somebody. Not alone, how would i function?

"Calm down Stephanie, you'll be okay, you'll find an amazing man who will spend the rest of his life with you. Andrew was going to leave one day." I whispered to myself.

I got up and walked to my bed. I grabbed some pajamas and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. I started thinking about meeting a guy, and i started getting excited. I wanted to date somebody else, Andrew had nothing interesting to him. I started thinking about work tomorrow, a thousand thoughts started flowing around in my head.

What if you meet a guy? What if Andrew shows up to your work? What if I get rejected?

I started getting some anxiety but it quickly went away. I got out of the shower, got dressed, and went to bed. I closed my eyes and thought about my day tomorrow.

•••
The Next Day

I got a sudden call from Ari, which i wasn't expecting.

"Hey Ari?" I questioned.

"Yo Steph, you know that band, Slipknot that you listen to?" Ari exclaimed.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Well, they're hiring tour managers. I think you would be a great fit." Ari said.

"Oh my god! Lets do it!" I said.

"Alright! I'll text you the information. Good luck!" Ari said.

"Thanks Ari!" I exclaimed.

"No problem!" She said before she hung up.

She gave a phone number and i called it.

"Hello?" A voice asked.

"Hi, my friend just told me that you guys were hiring tour managers? Ive been a fan for a long ass time." I laughed nervously, hoping that i called the right number.

"Ohh! My name is Shawn, by the way. I think you know." He chuckled. "I'm just going to ask you a few questions then you'll be on your way." He explained.

"Alright." I said, biting my nail.

"So, question one, what is your name."

"Stephanie." I replied.

"Stephanie." He whispers, as he writes my name down.

"Question two, why do you want to be our tour manager?" Shawn questions.

"Well, I've been a big music girl for a long time and I've always been a slipknot fan ever since i was a kid. I've always been good at organizing things." I explained.

"Mhm. I see. You seem like you're a good fit." He said. "Last question." He said, slamming what seems to be a pen on his desk "Are you able to work when we need you to, always?"

"Yes, of course." I said.

"You're hired! Welcome to Slipknot my friend, head to Des Moines tomorrow, ill fly ya out." Shawn said.

"Thanks man!" I said

"No problem, enjoy!"

Holy shit. I was just hired. I immediately texted Ari.

I was so scared, what would i do? Would this change my life? I put my worries aside and went to bed.

"Calm down Steph, calm down."

And i slowly drifted off to sleep.