Chapter 4: Just Friends?

I woke up that morning feeling anxious. I kept thinking about Corey and hoped that he was okay. He seemed ashamed last night. I got up and made sure he was okay.

"Are you good, Corey?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." He said, wide awake, still in his bed.

"Okay, great. Just, after you said that last night I'm just worried about you." I said.

"I'm honestly really glad that i told you that, you saved my life." He said. "Are the other guys up?"

"Joey and James are up, i was talking to both of them." I said.

"Did you tell them?" He asked.

"No. If you don't want me to i won't." I assured.

"Okay, thanks." He said.

"No problem baby." I said as he blushed at the name.

•••
Few Hours Later

"Corey come get your shit!" I called Corey.

"Okay!" He said.

After that night Corey wanted me to help him get back on track. And so far, he was doing great. He was committed to getting better and overall seemed happier. We had one problem. Well, i did. I loved Corey. Not as a friend but as a person. He was so sweet sometimes but also didn't tolerate assholes. He just wanted somebody to be there for him and love him, and i was considering being that person.

"Hey there!" Corey said.

"Hello! Here's your shit." I said, handing Corey his jumpsuit and his mask. He threw his mask in a compartment on the tour bus with his name on it.

I put my hand on the side of his face and kissed his lips slowly. He smiled into the kiss and held me straight after.

I studied his face to see if I made him uncomfortable, but i didn't, he liked it.

"Was that too much?" I asked.

"No. If anything it wasn't enough." He said, as he kissed me hard. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his face impossibly closer to me. He pulled away and i could tell he looked panicked.

"I-I shouldn't be doing this. I'm sorry." He said with his body shaking.

"Wait, what's wrong, what did i do?" I asked.

"It's not you, I'm just, not ready for this right now. I can't do it." He said panicked.

"Is this going to ruin our friendship?" I questioned.

"No no no, it's not, i just can't do this right now." He said as he walked away.

I sat down concerned as to what happened. Was he mad at me? Was it my fault? Should i not have kissed him? Did i make him uncomfortable? A thousand thoughts flew through my brain as i tried to come up with some logical reason as to why he just left like that, but i couldn't. Something kept telling me that something was wrong, but i didn't know what. Was he embarrassed? I tried to push it out of my brain but i just couldn't. I had to talk to somebody.

"Jim!" I called out.

Jim's tall build appears within seconds in the doorframe, he had no shirt on so it was apparent that he just got up.

"Did you take a nap? I swear i saw you up a while ago." I asked confused.

"Yeah, i barely slept last night." He explained.

"So i kinda have a problem. But you have to promise not to tell anyone, not even Joey." I said.

"Alright." He said plainly.

"I'm serious James." I said sternly.

"Okay i won't, i promise." He said.

"Okay, good. So, like just now, i gave Corey his mask and his jumpsuit and stuff. And i uh, i kissed him. And he kissed me back, and we kissed for a little and then he just panicked and left, and i don't know what happened." I explained.

"Woah, you..kissed him?" James said.

"Yeah." I said.

"Oh." He said, disappointed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Well, i just.. liked you." He admitted, like he didn't mean he didn't mean to say it.

"Well i mean..you aren't bad looking yourself, i like you too." I said, placing my hands on the sides of his neck and running my fingertips on him slightly.

"God, I'm such a hoe." I said, as i pushed his face and pressed his lips on mine. I felt a different person come out of Jim, the love seeping out of him, I didn't know he liked me so much. He pulled me onto his lap and kept kissing me. He pulled away and we stared into each other.

"Why are you such a good kisser?" James smiled.

"No idea." I said

We both laughed and kissed again.