Chapter 2: Heading To Iowa.

I got onto the plane and it hit me, I'm working with FUCKING SLIPKNOT. A wave of nausea ran through my body but it quickly dwindled away. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

The plane landed and it hit me even harder. I was worried again. Im working with Slipknot. Yeah, Slipknot. I stood up and follow the rest of the people exiting the plane and walked the the Iowa airport.

I walked and saw all of the guys from Slipknot. I walked up to them and they all welcomed me.

"Hey, I'm Shawn, as you know." Shawn said, chuckling.

"Hello Shawn, thanks for this opportunity." I thanked.

"No problem. Anytime." He shook my hand and i immediately felt welcomed.

"Here are the rest of the guy, i'm sure you know all of them already." He smiled.

"Of course. Hi guys!" I said.

Jim gave me a nice fist bump and i realized that he was a giant, way taller than i imagined.

"You are way taller in real life" i laughed.

He smiled "I get that a lot."

Me and Jim hit it off really fast. He seemed comfortable with me and he made me comfortable. I definitely liked him a little bit but i didn't want to tell him about it.

"Alright dicks," Shawn said before he was interrupted.

"And pussy!" Sid yelled as everyone laughed.

"I do have a pussy, you got that right, Sid." I laughed.

"Yes!" He hissed.

"Anyway, lets get to the car, you idiots." Shawn laughed.

We walked out of the airport and Jim looked down at me. I looked up at him with a smile and Corey appears at the side.

"Whats up Corey?" I asked.

"Nothing much." He said.

Shawn also appeared next to me to explain what i would be doing.

"So you're going to work with Corey and James. James is just needing help with preparing for tours and stuff, and Corey just needs help with getting his shit together, im sure he'll explain to you." He said.

"Of course. Sounds good man, thank you!" I said.

We reached the car and i got in, patting the seat motioning Jim to sit with me, he folds his limbs in a way that looks uncomfortable.

"I can barley fit in this fucking car." Jim complains.

"Not everybody is the size of a goddamn skyscraper, Jim." Corey says.

"Not everybody is the size of a pebble, Corey." Jim snaps.

"I'm only a pebble from your point of view." Corey laughs as Jim facepalms jokingly.

"Hey Joey." I said as Joey fixes himself into the seat.

"What's up Steph." He said, shaking my hand.

"You have no idea how much you inspired me as a kid." I laughed.

"Woah, thanks." He smiled.

We headed to the studio and walked into the white building. I followed the guys in and the place smelt like smoke and alcohol. Which made sense because there were beer bottles and ash trays scattered around the place.

"We're all just going to do shit and hang out, feel free to do whatever you want." Shawn says.

And with that, i sat with Corey, Jim, and Joey, and we all had a nice conversation, me and Corey got really close, Jim, Joey and I were in a tight friendship circle, everything was going great. But man, I had no idea what i signed up for.

Mick was on his guitar, Corey got up and eventually everybody followed. They grabbed their instruments and Corey started singing Eyeless. His singing was...beautiful. The way his voice fell out of his mouth, one minute his voice is slow and soft, the next minute his voice is loud and angry, and it made me insane with feelings, feelings I've never had for somebody before.

What the fuck is wrong with you Stephanie? Stop being such a goddamn hoe! A voice in my head, which i realized was myself, was screaming at me with regret. I felt like a hoe, in my mind i was a hoe, after i broke up with Andrew i felt like a dirty, disgusting, fucking whore who didn't deserve anything she had, Andrew never loved me, why would he love a whore like me?

This was a reoccurring problem I had, getting lost in my thoughts and creating scenarios that weren't real. After i broke up with Andrew it got worse, I felt like i was going insane, nobody's going to want to deal with my bullshit? Or would they.

I never told anybody besides Ari about the falling-out i had with Andrew, perhaps, i didn't believe that anybody would understand, or have the decency to care. Of course, this wasn't true, according to the severity of the situation. But i couldn't help but notice how fast the situation dwindled.

I finally escaped my mind and felt a large-ish hand on my shoulder, it was Corey's.

"Are you good?" He asked, his monotone voice filling the silence between us. "You looked fucking terrified."

"I just, get lost in my head, I'll tell you why one day, just, not now." I said.

"Why not?" He said.

"It's really, kinda, well.. you wont care, it's a waste of your time." I said.

"Shit like that doesn't waste my time." He said.

"You'll find out one day." I said.