Chapter 7: Starting Over

I woke up the next day heavily depressed in realization that Corey wasn't in the bunk beside me. I sighed and closed my eyes hard. I got up out of the bunk and saw Jim sitting there shirtless scrolling on his phone.

"Hey Steph, what's wrong?" Jim asked.

"Me and Corey broke up last night." I said.

"Damn, I'm sorry." He said.

"He just.. looked so good. I just love him so much." I said.

"Why did you break up with him?" He asked.

"We were just tired of each other, I broke things off. I regret it." I said.

"Well, that makes sense, did you guys have sex last night?" He asked.

"Uh, no?" I said.

"Because I'm pretty sure he hooked up with somebody last night." He said.

"Oh fuck." I said slowly before bursting into tears. "He moved on that fast?"

Corey bursts in all of a sudden "fuck i got my dick ridden hard last night by this blon-"

"C-C-Corey..no..please." I stuttered.

Corey's face went blank as he stared at me with fear and confusion as to why I was there. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I looked into Corey's eyes.

"Corey..I still love you..but you..don't.." I said, trying not to break down.

Something told me to scream and cry but I couldn't. I couldn't get my face to change expressions.

"I'm- sorry.." Is all Corey could say.

"I held you back that far Corey? I was such a burden on your ego? As soon as we break up you move on? Was I that terrible? I was going to go back and tell you that I loved you and I wanted to fix this!" I said.

"No..you weren't..but we aren't together anymore? Why is it a problem?" He asked, trying not to piss me off.

"Corey..you don't understand. You should just, go. I'll just.. talk later." I said, wiping tears from my face, realizing he was right.

I heard a low "fuck" come from his mouth, as if he felt bad, like he made a mistake. I looked back and teared up more as i saw his blue eyes look back at me, looking at me and silently apologizing. He tried to take my wrist but I pulled my arm away.

"I'll talk to you later, I just, can't." I whispered.

•••
"Corey!" I yelled, knocking vigorously on the door.

To my surprise, Corey answered the door unshaken, he was wearing a black button up shirt, and looked the same as the last day i saw him.

"I need to talk to you." I said.

He nods his head silently as I walk inside and sit on the couch inside, Corey soon follows and sits beside me. Seemingly too embarrassed to speak.

"I regret what I said, I don't want to break up, I don't want to forget about this relationship, I still love you Corey." I said.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for fucking that girl, I was just lonely after not seeing you." He admitted.

"It's fine, it's your dick." I laughed.

He smiled and kissed me slowly. "I'm stuck with you now." He said.