Chapter 22: Rough Start

M:   The next morning, Derogan woke up and immediately went to his father's room to ask where Johann was. When he opened the door, he saw the kid sleeping in the king's bed and Mandoria sleeping in an armchair.

Derogan smiled, knowing what was going on, he vibrated his wings to silently wake up his dad. After a moment, Mandoria blinked his eyes open and he looked over to Derogan, he smiled, stood up, and walked out the room, closing the door as quietly as possible.

"Is everything alright Derogan?" Mandoria asked.

"Does Johann have to go," Derogan inquired, "he said that he was staying with Sir Rowen, but I don't want him to leave, not after last night."

Mandoria stared at his son for a minute, then knelt on one knee to be on his level.

"Derogan, he is not leaving," the king explained, "yes he will be staying with Sir Rowen from now on, but that doesn't mean he is going away. You and Mandara will still be able to play with him whenever you want, and he can visit whenever he wishes as well."

He put a hand on Derogan's shoulder, "he is going with Sir Rowen because he needs another human to live with, so he can continue to learn to be one instead of learning to be a countryhuman, do you understand?"

Derogan nodded, "yes Father, I understand."

"Good, now run along and get dressed, we're overdue for your lessons."

Derogan forced himself to not growl at the mention of lessons, instead, he smiled and walked away to his room, Mandoria walking in the opposite direction to start his royal duties.

N:   Anglo got up as soon as the rays of the rising sun reached his window, he went out of his room and proceeded to the adjacent room to find Saxon. He was surprised to see that he was still asleep with his shoes on, he shook his head and went to take off his shoes and position him better on the bed.

Saxon opened one eye while Anglo, and muttered, "am I like Prussia?"

Anglo glanced up when he heard the question, and answered, "I don't know what has gotten into you lately, usually when you fight, it would be against some sort of establishment, whether they like it or not, but now," he sighed, "this is cruel."

"But I did it bec-" he started but he did not finish as Anglo punched him in the face, temporarily stunning him. Saxon touched his lip and noticed that a little blood had come out, and he looked up in confusion; he did not expect it to come.

"You," barked Anglo, "are not going to use that bloody excuse again, you hear me? That is the crappiest excuse I have ever heard. You think that you alone feel guilty for the death of all those Saxons, how do I feel when I know it is because you wanted to save my life over theirs?" He stormed out of the room, leaving an injured Saxon in his bed.

M:   Mandoria's wings subconsciously flicked when he felt Anglo's angry vibrations, confused, he followed them towards the country and saw him storming away from Saxon's room. The king tilted his head in even more confusion, wondering what happened between the two and which one he should check on. He decided to check on Saxon first, mostly because he wanted to talk to him more about Saxony.

"Sir Saxon, I saw Sir Anglo storm out, did something happ-", he started, but stopped mid-sentence when he saw Saxon bleeding from his lip. "Good heavens, what happened between you two?"

N:   Saxon wiped the blood from his lip as he got off from the bed, and replied, "we briefly talked about Saxony, and he punched me when I was about to say something," he observed himself in the mirror, "but I probably had it coming."