Prologue

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Late June 2006...

It was around midnight, in a dark alley situated in a small town called Volterra. A young girl seemingly lost and confused, stumbled through the dark alley, continuously looking behind her as if she was being followed. Her clothing was torn and sludgy. Her knees bled, her body covered in scars and bruises. Her hair was stuck in a knot, she was in poor condition.

She looked back to see a man running after, and forced her legs to move faster. She uttered a yelp as she stumbled on her own foot.

Panic sparked in her eyes, she knew she had to do something. She gathered as much strength and yelled as loud as she could.

Not far from there, three kings sat on their throne conversing among each other, guards stood still in different corners around the room. Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through their brains as a loud scream echoed through the castle. They grasped their head as the pain persisted, creeping through their undead body. 

"Demetri!" The man in the middle throne called. The tracker looked up to his master with a pained expression on his face. He nodded, no words needed and ran out at a vampire speed, followed by another guard, tracking down the loud scream.

The guards stopped in a small alley, where a girl laid, a man grasping onto her hair as he dragged her across the stoned street. The guards rushed to them, removing the girl out of the man's grasp. They knocked the man unconscious, the tracker holding the girl in his arms as his companion held the man by the throat, running back into the castle's throne room.

The guard tossed the man to the floor at their master's feet. While Demetri still held in his arms the young girl.

"Master Aro, we've found this man in an alley, dragging the poor girl by the hair"

Aro approached the unconscious man with a disgusted expression on his face and placed his cold hand onto his.

The other two kings approached the girl, curiosity in their eyes, feeling a force pulling them to her. The young girl was slipping in and out of consciousness, and for a split second, her eyes locked onto theirs. They stopped abruptly, their breath hitched in their throat. It was her, they had found her, the one they had sought for three millennium. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head, losing full consciousness. Both kings quickly turned to face the man who had caused such pain to their mate. Aro who held onto his hand, quickly dropped it, his eyes turning a shade of black, filled with rage. The three kings looked at each other, nodding as they awoke the man who had induced agony to their mate.

"You pathetic excuse for a human" The blond-haired, youngest king spat in his face.

"Demetri, bring her to my quarters. Felix and Jane, follow along. I want you to look after her, and tend to her wounds," Aro ordered the guards before bringing his attention back to the man, or should I say, monster.

Following the order of their master, they ran to Aro's room, carefully placing the girl onto the bed. The yells of agony from the man echoed through the castle.

"Okay, Demetri I need you to fetch me some cloth and some saline solution. Felix, I need you to hold her down in case she awakes."

Demetri left and came back a few seconds later with the items in hands.

Quickly, Jane poured some of the liquid onto the cloth, patting it on the girl's bruises, while Felix held her down.

On the other side of the castle, the three kings stared at the dismembered body of the man, with deep hatred in their eyes. With a flick of Aro's fingers, the guards cleaned the scene, leaving the floor as clean as it was before the events that took place. They had tortured him and dismembered him slowly while still alive, wanting him to suffer as much, if not more, as the girl he tortured. Not a single drop of his blood was drunk by the kings, as it was dirty and polluted by his filthy persona.

"What is it that you have seen Aro? I can only assume the worse." Marcus asked with a pained expression.

"Oh brothers, you have no idea," Aro exclaimed, his dead heart bleeding at the image of horror he had seen in the memories of the man.

They knew then, that they would do anything in their power to protect the young woman, who was to become their queen. As she was now the only thing that mattered.