2

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Celeste's entrance lit up the room immediately, and the king's hearts, if still beating, would have raced in their chest at the sight of her. In front of them stood the most beautiful creature they had ever laid eyes on. Among the coldness of the vampires present, she was an oasis of warmth. Anyone who looked at her would be captivated, but not the way the kings were; they were enthralled by her. They stared at their mate with desire, lust and admiration. A true Queen, they thought.

"My dear Celeste, you look ravishing" Aro exclaimed as he gazed longingly at her face.

"You are captivating..." Caius followed,

"Exquisite" Marcus expressed lastly.

They were at a loss for words.

Celeste lowered her head, her cheeks turning red from the stares and kind words from the kings.

"Come darling. Sit with us, we have much to talk about"

She nodded and sat down before the kings. She nervously glanced around, they were in what seemed to be a library. A variety of old and new books adorned the walls. Like the rest of the castle, the room was cold and dark, with hardly any light coming in.

"We understand you must be feeling confused and out of place at the moment; it's understandable considering you don't remember much. We believe that your memories will return with time, but for now, we will try to explain what we can."

It was Marcus who spoke this time, "Have you ever heard of the cold ones? Also known as vampires.".

She nodded, frowning. "Well, this may sound absurd, but we ourselves are vampires. In fact, we are considered royalty in our world"

Celeste was, to say the least, completely baffled. It would explain the coldness of Jane's skin or the crimson eyes that the residents of the castle seem to share. The idea of vampires being real was still hard to accept since they were usually described as magical creatures in children's books. Yet she came to believe them.

"I understand this must be strange and perhaps even frightening, but we promise we would never lay a hand on you, nor will our guards. "

While she should have been terrified, she didn't even feel a tinge of fear. Despite not remembering what had happened to her, she knew the pain she had experienced came from a human, and right now, the only people who cared for her, the people who offered to care for her, were vampires. With them, she felt safer than she would on the street. Had they intended to hurt her, they would have done so already.

"I'm not scared. It's just a lot of information to take in," she replied truthfully. She wasn't sure what to say; she was at a loss for words.

"We understand, and we wouldn't want to overwhelm you with all this information. Perhaps you would like to have lunch? We can arrange for our maid to prepare a meal for you. " Marcus spoke.

She nodded softly "that would be appreciated, thank you," 

She followed close behind the three kings as they led the way to the kitchen. 

"Sit dear, your food should be ready anytime now" Marcus spoke, pulling a chair for her to sit on. 

She nodded thankfully and sat. She was surprised they had a kitchen, maybe they ate like normal people? She realised she didn't know much about them. "will you be joining me?" she asked shyly.

The three kings chuckled, "we can't feed on human food, we have this kitchen in case of emergency such as this. We also have a human secretary and well, we wouldn't let her starve." Aro answered with amusement in his eyes. "oh, of course. That makes sense" She felt embarrassed for asking. 

They sat in silence for a few minutes, she could feel their eyes on her. She realized that while Marcus and Aro spoke to her frequently, barely any words came out of Caius since their meeting. She wondered why, perhaps he didn't like her much; it would be understandable as she was just a human and they were, well they were powerful vampires. Suddenly a plate filled with food was placed on the table in front of her, a napkin and utensils provided as well. 

"thank you" she softly thanked the maid. She grabbed her fork and started eating, her stomach thanking her for the food. Once she finished, she whipped her mouth in a very elegant way, with the napkin provided and stood up, bringing her dirty dishes to the sink. 

"Oh, you mustn't do all this. It is the maid's job." Aro spoke

"I don't mind at all. I'd rather do it myself, after all, I'm the one who dirtied it. I should clean it. It's only natural," she smiled at them while scrubbing the food off with a sponge and soap. The kings stayed silent, admiring her beauty from the back. She was modest and self aware, she would never treat someone as lesser. The guards standing in the room, along with the maid, stared at her in admiration. It was a small gesture, but one that spoke a lot about the kind of person she was; the kings were known to assume their place and think highly of themselves, she was the opposite. She was everything this castle didn't have, they knew she would turn this castle into a brighter, happier place.