11

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Oh, you should've seen their faces! They tried to hide their emotions, but I could see the twitching in their gaze, and I swear if they were still human, their face would have been as red as a tomato!" Celeste laughed, a glass of red wine in her right hand, the other on her stomach as she tried to calm herself down.

A smile spread across Demetri's lips as he listened to her story about earlier that day, a matching glass of wine in his left hand. The boy was surprised at how fascinated the girl was with the kings, given that they usually had a cold and dark persona. But he was glad to see she was happy and that his masters were able to be themselves around her. Perhaps they would finally be able to rid themselves of that stick up their asses he thought.

The two had been chatting and drinking for the last hour or so in her room while her mates had gone off to check on Jane and her twin who were replacing them that day.

"Hmm that wine really is good," she remarked as she took another sip of the delicious crimson liquid.

"I sure hope so, that bottle is worth a few thousand."

Her eyes grew wide and she gasped, looking down at the contents of her glass, "What?!"

"Only the best for their mate,"

"But-but that's ridiculous! Thousands for a bottle of wine? I would've been happy with a simple glass of apple juice!"

Demetri chuckled at her reaction, "don't feel so bad about it, they have all the money in the world and nothing to spend it on. Now they have you. Be prepared for more, a lot more."

She took another sip of her wine, "I'm gonna make sure to finish every last drop of that bottle,"

He laughed at her reaction and held his glass in the air, "cheers to that,"

They continued to chat and drink for the next half hour or so. They had replaced the red liquid in their glass with stronger liqueur since the wine bottle was now empty. Due to his high tolerance of alcohol from being a vampire, Demetri was still sober, but Celeste on the other hand, well was quite intoxicated.

"I just-" hiccup "I just don't understand why she chose Stefan at first-"hiccup "I mean he was stalk-stalking her, that is creep behaviour"

"Okay, but-"

"Damon on the other hand-yeah he's like-he's like a bad boy and stuff but" hiccup " but he didn't stalk her like a creep and he loved her for her-not just because she was Katherine's doppelganger-"

"That is a valid point but-" His sentence was cut short when the door to her room opened and in walked the three kings.

A large, exaggerated smile adorned the girl's face, her glossy gaze fixed on them. "Oh look! It's the three musketeers!"

Demetri tried to hide his smile and lowered his head at his master's presence. "Masters,"

Celeste chuckled slightly at the use of the word master but quickly shut her mouth with the back of her hand.

"My dear, are you... drunk?"

"Of course not silly," she chuckled, and it was clear that she was heavily intoxicated. The three kings looked back at Demetri with a look he couldn't quite decipher. A chill ran down his spine at the feeling of their hard gaze on him, and without a word, he nodded and left the room.

"We shall continue this debate another day!" Celeste spoke loudly before the door closed and the four were left alone.

The three mates made their way to Celeste. Marcus gently grasped the glass from her fingers.