4

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The next morning, Celeste woke up to the faint chirping of birds, golden rays of sunlight beaming into her room. She wore a smile on her face. It was quite rare to see her without one, she always seemed happy. That morning however, her smile was crooked. Her night was filled with nightmares that she couldn't remember; she awoke several times during the night from them. She sat up, running a hand through her soft hair when a knock sounded at the door.

"Yes?" 

"It's Jane" 

"Oh! come in" she smiled brightly at the girl as she entered, closing the door behind her. 

"The kings are free of work today, they've asked me to get you ready. They will be meeting you in the garden" she spoke with a small smile peeking on her face. 

Celeste's heart suddenly fluttered with joy, her night filled with nightmares quickly forgotten. She walked to her large wardrobe looking for the perfect outfit. She was nervous and wanted to make sure she looked perfect-she wanted to make sure they knew how thankful she was for taking her in and doing all these things for her. And though she didn't know much about them, she was excited to be in their presence, though she felt confused as to why the thought of being with them brought her so much joy. 

"Leave it. You should take a bath and I will find you something." Jane spoke, happy to go through the countless gowns the girl now owned. 

"alright, thank you Jane" she thanked the girl and walked to the bathroom.

Half an hour later she walked out with a towel wrapped around her hair and one around her body.  Her skin glowing from the moisture trapped in it. 

"What do you think of this?" Jane spoke excitedly holding in her hand a beautiful beige floral dress.

"It's perfect! I couldn't have chosen better," she walked towards Jane excitedly, sparks in her eyes and slipped into the dress, taking a few minutes to look into the large mirror.

"Sit, I'll do your hair" Jane patted on the vanity stool.

Celeste did so and looked at hers and Jane's reflection. After a few minute, her hair was now dry and slightly curled down her back with a side rope twist braid, and a single strand of hair framing her face.

"You look beautiful" Jane spoke, admiring her future queen

"All thanks to you," she smiled at the girl through the mirror.

"Shall we?" Jane asked,

"We shall," Celeste chuckled. 

.

The air smelled fresh, the perfume of flowers planted into soil made its way to Celeste, calming her. The just-risen sun shone softly down onto the garden. It was a beautiful day.