Part 17

The first thing you heard was Eliza crying and glass breaking. Then you smelled smoke and your eyes snapped open. There was a light coming from outside the door and an intense heat that consumed everything. Fire.

You stood up suddenly and tried to open the door, you had to get to Eliza, you had to grab her and get out of the house right away. But you couldn't, the door was stuck with something and a huge fear invaded your heart. You kicked, you punched, even tried to knock the door down with your body, taking a run, but it didn't move. Whatever was blocking it, it was big and heavy. But you had to get to Eli.

Your heart broke when your daughter's crying became louder and more desperate and it wasn't long before both you and she started coughing, you had to act and fast. Damn the time you decided not to have windows in your room.

"HELP!! PLEASE!!" you yelled the best you could between coughs.

Your house was far from town, no one would notice the fire in time, but maybe Karim would, his house was in front of yours, he had to listen, he had to help you.

"KARIM!! KARIM!! PLEASE WAKE UP!!! HELP ME!!" you screamed desperately

You begged heaven for a miracle and kept screaming with all your might (which wasn't easy because the smoke was starting to thicken) while Eliza's crying turned into worse and worse coughs.

_________________________________

"Tía, wake up!" Dolores desperately knocked on Julieta's door.

"Mamá! Papá! Abuela! Tío Bruno!!"

Mirabel left her room half asleep, rubbing her eyes before adjusting her glasses. She frowned as she realized that Dolores was banging loudly on everyone's doors (except Antonio's, although the boy was sure to wake up with all the noise)

"What's going on?" she asked as she approached Isabela

"I don't know, but it must be serious" her sister said

It was true. Due to her gift, Dolores was usually quiet and kept away from loud noises, the family itself avoided making much noise around her, so the fact that she was the one making such a fuss, even seeming desperate, was a sign that something was terribly wrong.

"Dolores?"

"What's going on, mija?"

Alma and Pepa asked at the same time. At that point the whole family was awake and out of their doors. Félix took Antonio in his arms and Dolores grabbed her aunt tightly by the arms when she finally got out of her room.

"Lola? What's going on?" the woman asked, worried by the tears in her niece's eyes

"It's Y/N!!" Dolores shrieked "She's screaming for help!! Eliza won't stop crying and I can't hear Karim."

"What?" Julieta gasped, feeling her breath short and her head beginning to spin.

"Can you hear anything else?" asked Alma, as they all approached the girl

"I hear crackling. A fire"

The moment the words left her lips, the girl burst into tears. She was terrified, your screams were heartbreaking and listening to Eli coughing more and more broke her heart and God knew what was happening with Karim, because she couldn't hear him even though he lived near you. A cloud immediately appeared over Pepa's head as she hugged her daughter tightly.

"We have to do something" Isabela said, ready to run.

"And we will" Alma nodded "Mirabel, you and Camilo stay here with Antonio"

"What?!"

"But-"

The two cousins ​​said at the same time, immediately falling silent when their grandmother raised a hand and looked at them with an iron gaze.