Part 27

song used: Amor en silencio

__________________________

"Get your hand out of there"

Alma smiled behind her cup as she paid attention to your interaction with her oldest daughter. It had been two weeks since she saw you in the river, crying in her daughter's arms as memories of a past life washed away. The matriarch hadn't wanted to say anything because she didn't feel that it was her place.

Fortunately, a month and a week after losing your brother, you seemed to be doing much better. There was still that shadow of sadness in your eyes, of course, but you weren't crying until you were tired and your mind hadn't been clouded with thoughts as dark as that time in the river. Julieta was doing an excellent job erasing Daniel's ghost from your mind and body.

"Give me that!" her daughter's voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

Alma had to stop herself from laughing out loud at the sight of Julieta trying to take a cup of chocolate chips from you, but every time she got close you just turned around. It also didn't matter that the brunette managed to trap you between her body and the sink because despite being almost the same height, you still had longer arms and you were able to get the chocolate out of the other woman's reach. You looked like a couple of little girls.

"Y/N, give me that cup"

"Nope, you ruined my alfajores, I'll ruin your cookies" you said

"It was an accident and I said I was sorry!" Julieta replied, still reaching for the cup.

"That doesn't fix my alfajores, does it?" you asked with a smile.

The brunette simply smiled back at you, abandoning all pretense of taking the cup from your hand. Instead, she took advantage of the position you were in, and she wrapped her arms around your waist, leaning into you a bit so she could plant a few soft kisses on your jawline.

She loved that you were improving little by little, that she was recovering, with each passing day, the woman with whom she fell madly in love, that you seemed to finally understand the important and central place that you occupied in her life and that she seemed to occupy the same in yours. She loved everything about you.

"I'll tell you what" you said, lowering your face a little more "I'll trade you the cup for a kiss"

"Hmmm...I have a better idea" she smirked.

The older woman didn't let you react before her fingers attacked your sides, making you shriek and start to squirm. The chocolate chips jumped out of the cup and scattered all over the place, but she didn't seem to care, too busy listening to your beautiful laugh.

"Enough" you laughed "Julieta, leave me alone!"

"Not until you apologize for stealing my kitchen."

"Never!" you stubbornly said "now it's my domain too!"

"Then you must learn to live with the tickle monster that lives in it."

"Nooo"

She followed through with her vicious attack, loving the sight and feel of you writhing against her. You might be slightly taller, but she was so much stronger than you and she wasn't going to let you go. Never.

"Julieta, enough, it hurts" you laughed "please, I'll do anything!"

"Anything?"

"Anything, whatever you want!" you promised

"Even let me cook for you?"

"No! We both cook, it's the deal"

"Then continue to suffer"