Epilogue

a/n: here it is!! the close of this book! I loved writting it and I'm so gratefull for all the support! You're the best guys!

song recomended to listen while reading this: Dos Oruguitas

__________________________

"Mamá, I found my ribbon"

You turned to see your youngest daughter holding a white ribbon for you. You sighed in relief and walked over to her, quickly tying the ribbon onto a lock of hair. She looked gorgeous, and you were happy that she seemed immune to the wave of nerves that seemed to wash over the whole family today. You could safely say that not even at your wedding had you been this nervous.

Four years had passed since you and Julieta had made your love public and barely a year after that you were already walking down the aisle. The brunette had surprised you by proposing in the middle of the night. An intimate moment between the two. You couldn't remember the entire speech she had given you (it had been long because she had been so nervous), but there was one line that you knew would stay with you for the rest of your life:

"Do you want to write a new story with me, Y/N?"

Of course, you cried while you said yes. The wedding itself had been a private event, something simple with only your family present, at your request. Still, that didn't stop Isabela from filling the house with beautiful flowers, so many that you could barely walk, and Mirabel outdid herself with the dresses.

You had told them you didn't need something big, but both of your daughters had been outraged. Sorry? It was their mothers' wedding!! Of course they would go big even if it was just the family!! You knew better than to argue with them. And you had to admit, when you saw Julieta waiting for you, that it had been the best decision, because dear God, she looked beautiful in that dress (and if the way the brunette undressed you, first with her eyes and many hours later in bed, it was some clue, so you had also looked beautiful).

It still made you laugh to remember the little dispute between your daughters to see who would be the bridesmaid before Camilo reminded them that there were two brides, so there could be two bridesmaids, which stopped the fights for a moment...you almost felt bad telling them that Julieta had already chosen Pepa as her maid and you had chosen Dolores. Almost.

Of course, Eliza and Antonio were the ring bearers and you were deeply grateful that Alma agreed to walk you down the aisle, while Bruno did it for Julieta (she had made it clear that she wanted to include her siblings in everything and you couldn't agree more). It had been just perfect.

So many things, so many tragedies, so many gray days, so many stones along the way, everything had made you stronger and in the end, it had guided you to this moment, to your family. And yet you didn't feel ready for this.

"Mami...what if I don't get a gift?" Eliza asked you, snapping you out of your thoughts.

Today was your daughter's fifth birthday and the family had decided that she should have a gift ceremony just like everyone else because after all, she was a Madrigal girl. But you had been filled with fear and confessed to your wife in the privacy of your bedroom that you were worried that Eli would not receive a gift because she was not her biological daughter.

Julieta had told you that it didn't matter if Eliza had her blood or not, she was her daughter and that had to count for something, but anyway, if she didn't get one, it wouldn't make her any less special, just like Mirabel. But it was obvious that Eli knew more than she seemed to, as you had always suspected since she was a baby. And she had come to the same conclusions and fears as you.

"You will because you are the most special girl" you told her "but even if not, it doesn't matter"

"Won't you stop loving me?"