Part 19

"Tío Bruno!"

The man jumped out of his skin at Mirabel's cry and turned just in time to see most of his sobrinos running towards him. He gulped. He loved his nephews and nieces! But he also knew that they had a habit of getting into trouble and dragging everyone down with them, and he really didn't want to be dragged into another mess, not when he'd barely been able to convince Pepa to cancel her plans to hook you up with Julieta.

"Tío! We need your help" Mirabel said, taking the older man's arm.

"W-what do you need?" he asked her, immediately regretting it as she and Isabela began to lead him to his room, with Camilo and Antonio right behind them. Oh no.

"We need you to have a vision!" isabela said

"W-what?!"

"About mom and Y/N!" Mirabel added

"I-I don't think that's a good idea" he said, stopping in his tracks.

"But tío Bruno-" Mirabel started, trying to grab his arm again, but he escaped.

"Nope. I'm firm on this" the older man crossed his arms "Pepa already tried, and I'll tell you the same thing I told her: I'm not going to have a vision about Julieta and Y/N"

"Why not?!" Isabela frowned.

"Because Julieta told me no to!"

"Wait, tía Julieta knows about-" Camilo asked, not needing to finish his sentence.

"That you are trying to bring them together? What did you expect after that night in the kitchen?" Bruno asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Damn it Camilo!" Isabela grunted in annoyance.

"Anyway!" Mirabel intervened before her sister could kill her cousin "A vision could help us. Please, tío Bruno. We just want mom to be happy."

"And I understand, Mirabel" he sighed "but my answer is still no"

"Why not?!"

"Julieta is terrifying when she gets angry"

"...confirmo" Camilo said, remembering that time his mother gave him as a sacrifice "there was fire in her eyes" he shuddered.

Mirabel frowned and Isabela was about to say something when they all heard Eliza's unmistakable laugh and Julieta's voice from the kitchen. It was dinner time. Bruno flinched as the three older children looked at each other with mischievous smiles. They were planning something and he didn't want to know what it was. At least Antonio seemed blissfully oblivious to everything and that was something he envied.

________________________

"Y/N, dear, could you pass me the cream?" Alma casually asked you.

You nodded, finishing swallowing a piece of meat before taking the bowl and extending your arm to her. Alma smiled to herself when she noticed the way Julieta held her breath as you leaned closer to her to pass the cream. At this point, it was no secret to anyone in the family that the oldest triplet was completely in love with you and would need a little push.

The problem was that everyone seemed to think they were the only ones who had noticed and made plans to get you two together that usually ended up colliding with each other's plans. Alma realized that the grandchildren were working as a team while Pepa and Félix were another team (she suspected that her daughter had tried to involve Bruno, but her son, bless him, knew better than to mess with his older sister and risk waking her wrath). The matriarch let them act for a while, watching in silence. However, there were times like this when the family would understand a silent agreement and come together without having to plan anything.