deaf || sapnap x !nb deaf reader

irl or mc: irl High school AU
requested: no
plot: sapnap meets a new deaf girl at his school and has to find a way to ask her out
pronouns: she/her
CW:
swearing
longer than my other oneshots (as in 3247 words)
not proofread

Sapnap POV

the hot beverage warmed my hands as i picked my coffee off the counter. i give the mcdonald's worker a slight nod and a smile, after sliding my money over to her.

i turn to walk out of the glass buildings, glancing down at my watch to see it turn 6:45. my homeroom is at 7 and the school is 20 minutes away. two options bounce around my mind. arrive late or speed.

mind racing with excuses i can use to get out of trouble, i feel another body run into mine, consequently ending in them dropping their wallet, and money falling out.

"oh shit i'm so sorry!" i apologize quickly to the person on the floor, who is picking up any loose money.

they keep their eyes on the ground and avoid eye contact as they rush out of the doors. weird, but oh well.

i begin to lift my foot to walk, but realize that they left a $20 bill on the floor. i pick it up and rush out the doors to meet them and give it back, to see them almost to their car.

"excuse me? you dropped this!" i call out. they hurriedly get in their car, driving off quickly. i decide that it was certainly odd, but i shouldn't judge a random person. i quickly slip the $20 to the kind mcdonald's worker, then dashing to my car to get to class.

the lunch bell couldn't have possibly come at a better time. Mrs. Lethbridge had called on me to answer some complicated formula, but the normally horrid ring of the unnecessarily loud bell blesses my ears, freeing me from having to answer the question.

i dash out of the class with the rest of the class, dashing down the halls to Clays locker. i lean nonchalantly against the locker next to his, waiting for him to notice me. he finally closes his locker, looking me in the eyes.

"dude Mr.Collins got a haircut. he looks like gollum from lord of the rings," he says, not able to wipe a goofy smile off his face. we talk for a moment sitting by the lockers, before being yelled at by a teacher to go to the lunch room.

rolling our eyes, we make our way to the cafeteria, making a few pit stops on the way to the vending machine.

we sit down, after meeting up with George, Sam, Wilbur, Alex and Karl.

the lunch break, to our dismay, is a mere minute away from ending, then it's off to Socials for me.
i glance across the room at the near emptiness of the cafeteria, and notice a person sitting in the corner, on their phone.

the same person i ran into earlier.

getting a good look at their face, they are very pretty. they have captivating features, hypnotizing me.

"nick? yo nick! earth to nickkk," clay pesters.
"jesus, what!?"
"what planet were you just on?" Will asks me.
"i was here!" i insist.
"sure didn't seem like it. so who's the girl?"
"what!?" i ask clay.
"you were looking at something- or rather someone- behind me. plus you had your big ass doe eyes."
"well- i- look. i don't even know their pronouns. i don't know if they're a girl or not."
"wait so you actually were staring at someone?" Karl interjects.
"well- yeah kinda, i thought we established that" i comment.
"well yeah but i didn't think you'd actually admit to it!"

i take notice of their surroundings, realizing they are all alone. they don't look sad or upset, just not happy.

the horrid rings of the bell drown my ears, causing a stampede of students rushing to their class, before mr. Stone lectures us. however the person stays seated, eyes down and glued to their phone.