7. Nightmares

(No one's P.O.V)

The soft sound of the music box echoed in the daycare, the soft melody sounding eerie in the quiet space. Moon was powered off, cradling Y/N in his arms. Y/N twitched slightly and groaned at the sound. He was shaking and sweat rolled off his skin. The music was becoming too loud and it invaded his senses. The tinkle of a bell grew louder and the sounds of screaming erupted in Y/N's head. The walls kept closing in and the music grew to a roar. Suddenly, everything went quiet. Y/N stopped shaking for a moment, relieved. Without warning, the face of a deformed bunny suit emerged from the darkness and screamed.

A sudden movement caused Moon to power on and he found himself with a screaming Y/N in his arms. He panicked and made sure he wasn't the reason Y/N was hurt. After the screams died down to shaky sobs, Moon's functions began working again. He pulled Y/N closer and slowly stroked his head, whispering soft things while he mentally called Sun.
Where the hell are you?
I'm still powering on! You know how long this takes!
Well hurry it up. I have a feeling Y/N needs both of us here.
Can you tell me what happened? My hearing sensors only picked up screams. Is he hurt?
No, not hurt. I think it was just a nightmare.
...Sun?
You there?

Moon turned his head, wondering why Sun wasn't answering him. He stretched his neck over and saw Vanessa at the entrance of the daycare. Moon jolted back, trying his best to cover Y/N in the sheets and pillows. He tried to hear the conversation but his hearing sensors could only pick up some words.
Night...Screaming...Child...Hurt
Suddenly, the door slammed shut and Moon heard the familiar sound of Sun's mechanical jump boosters. The animatronic held the flashlight towards himself and moved closer to Y/N and Moon. Y/N's sobbing had subsided but his breathing was still unsteady. Sun looked at Moon and slowly moved next to him, pulling Y/N so he was half seated on both of their laps. The presence of the 2 in the same area must have been what Y/N needed, as his breathing evened out and he slowly fell asleep again.

The 2 animatronics looked at each other tiredly, before powering off in unison. The three slept once more, not realizing they were being watched.

(??? P.O.V)

They all slept peacefully. How pathetic. The human, the weak human, was perfect. His mind is so fragile it could break. Break. Break so easily. So easily could I slip inside. Inside, where I can rid myself of the 2 failure animatronics. It would be quick. So quick. And oh so painful. The best part of it all. Watching their minds break. Watching them lose sanity. It was delicious. Utterly spectacular.

I'VE RETURNED!
Wassup i'm finally back kinda had no inspo for weeks. Considered giving this story up but I didn't so here you go! The newest (and long overdue) chapter of 'Half of a Whole'! Please vote for the story if you like it and constructive criticism is always welcome :D
Until next update!
-Leotus <3