𝐁𝐄𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐊

𝐁𝐄𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐊
- 𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀 -

"𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘯𝘰 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘺, 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘢 𝘧𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘺 - 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘢 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦."

"𝘖𝘩 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘴, 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦."

𝐏𝐎𝐕: Y/n

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐰𝐚𝐬 chatting amongst each other but it was quite obvious that they were all talking about the same thing, the upcoming Masquerade ball themed party. Ever since the announcement about it being hosted at our school was first made - that was the only thing that anyone could think about since.

Masquerade themed parties, or any parties at all of some sort, are big struggle for a girl like me - starting with what to wear. I've been through a few Stores already, but still found nothing; just like I haven't found a date.

My best friend, Javon on the other hand has got half of the girls from our school head over heels for him, if not more. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel a single thing for him - but it's unlikely that he'd ever look at me as more then just a friend as we practically grew up together, guessing that i'd be quite awkward if our feelings weren't mutual.

Much to my surprise, he hasn't accepted anyone's proposal of being his date to the dance so far. At one point I was even afraid that he'd end up going alone but who am I kidding, he is 𝐓𝐇𝐄 Javon "Wanna" Walton after all; there's no way that he would actually go without a date - every girl wanted to be with him, if anything I would be the one going without a date.

Many girls have previously admitted to being jealous as well as a bit curious of me and how i've managed to be his friend for so long without catching feelings, but the thing is that I already have and many years ago - but they just didn't need to know that.

-

𝟐 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

-

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 out almost every dress store in town, I was finally able to find a for once decent dress that fit me perfectly - but yet still had no date. As for Javon, we haven't spoken in weeks - I guess you could say that a part of me wanted him to ask me to the dance and was disappointed when he didn't. I mean I was just his best friend after all - nothing more or nothing less.

But it still hurt

Over time, I guess I just accepted the fact that i'm most likely gonna end up being friend-zoned for my entire life. Well technically not for my 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐑𝐄 life as he doesn't even know about the way I feel about him and and probably never will, but still.

At this point I feel like I should get some kind of reward for keeping this a secret for so many years without letting a single word spill to anyone. Sure it stings like a bitch seeing him hanging around with some other girls that aren't me, but it's something worth getting used to - just so i'm prepared for the time that he actually gets a girlfriend that once again isn't me.

As kids we were both very close and used to tell each other almost everything, but not anymore. Part of the reason was because of our genders, although I didn't really seem to mind until others bought it up. They thought of it to be weird that two people of the opposite gender genuinely just wanted to be friends without any other reason besides that.