CHAPTER 11

Dienna woke up, but didn't open her eyes. Oh my Valar, a bed! She snuggled down, for a moment she thought she was back at the shire. That was until she felt a tight pressure on her arm, and snapped back to reality. My arm, the trolls, the adventure, right... She finally opened her eyes and took in her surroundings.

The room she was in was a beautiful cream color with green accents. The architecture was structured in a way that made it seem like ethereal trees. Dienna sat up a small bit to notice someone sitting in a chair at the foot of her bed. His eyes were closed, his head slightly tipped back. "Thorin?"

He opened his eyes, and looked at her. "Dienna, you're awake." Thorin smiled, and Dienna thought she saw a bit of relief in his eyes. "How do you feel? How's your arm?" He stood up and moved to sit on the edge of the bed she was in.

"I feel like I've been asleep for a week. But I feel good, my arm doesn't hurt at all."

"Luckily you've only been asleep a day, so you're a bit off there." Dienna chuckled. "You must want to see your brother, he's been worried sick."

"I'll get up in a second," She cleared her throat, suddenly getting dry mouth. Thorin grabbed her the glass of water that was next to her bed. "What happened after I passed out? All I remember is you carrying me," she flushed a little bit, Thorin noticed Why is she blushing at that?  "Then you told me that the wargs wouldn't get near me, then darkness." Dienna looked around again, "Also, where are we?"

Thorin looked down and smiled, Such a curious one, "After you fainted, there was an ambush of orc scouts, but we were able to find cover, and there was...aid sent out way, elves-"

"Elves!" Dienna interrupted, "Oh my goodness, I wonder if the elf I know was one of them!"

"You know an elf?"

"Yes! I was telling Dwalin about it, there was an elf who taught me how to shoot, that's where my skills come from. He is from Mirkwood, he was traveling to Rivendell and took a detour to look around the edge of the Shire." Dienna paused, "Wait...are we in Rivendell?"

Although Thorin hates elves, the light in her eyes as she realized where she was, it warmed his cold heart. "Yes, Dienna, we are in Rivendell."

"Then why am I still in bed! I need to look around!" She got up, more like jumped up, slightly winced as her arm was still tender. And nearly ran out the door, a chuckling Thorin close behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dienna couldn't believe her eyes as she took in Rivendell, it wasn't too long until Bilbo found her on the balcony near the room she woke up in. "I'm glad you're feeling better." He said with a smile. "I was worried about you."

"That's what Thorin said, specifically that you 'were worried sick'" She put on her best disgruntled Thorin voice, causing Bilbo to laugh. 

"Yep, there's my sister. The elves took good care of the infection, luckily it wasn't too bad, they gave you some concoction and your fever immediately broke. Thorin told me to get some rest, and stayed with you the rest of the night."

"Really? That was kind of him."

"It was, but I also think it was because I might have been bothering the elves asking about everything they were giving you." The siblings chuckled. "You've already seen so much Dienna, we're close enough to the shire, we can turn back."

"Bilbo..." Dienna sighed. She knew Bilbo was going to try this again, but now it seemed to him the perfect excuse. She got injured, and she saw Rivendell, what else would she want to see in her life?

"I'm serious Dienna, it's not too late, we can still turn back now. It-"

"No, Bilbo. We can still turn back, but I'm sorry, I don't want to. Thorin saved me, all the dwarves saved me. I owe it to them. Like I've said before. You can turn back, and I won't fault you, but I will see this journey through, with or without you." Dienna hated talking to Bilbo like that, but it was true. She couldn't leave the dwarves now, they had just started to accept her. And for goodness sake, Thorin carried her all the way here.

Thorin carried me all the way here... The dwarven king was full of surprises, and it intrigued Dienna. And she would be lying if she didn't say that seeing Thorin first after she woke up made her stomach flutter in ways she's never known. And seeing him smile after seeing her okay made her cheeks flame. 

"Dienna...you're all red. Are you okay? Is your fever back?" Bilbo put the back of his hand on her forehead.

"Bilbo stop! It's not that..." She pushed his hand away. 

"What is it then?" Bilbo asked. Just as he was about to answer, an elf came onto the balcony.

"The dwarves and Elrond are expecting you both for dinner." The elf turned around and led them to where her friends were. Dienna was very excited to see them after her recovery. She already cared for them like family. But for Thorin, there was something more. Something she hadn't felt before. Something that made her want to be closer to him in more ways than she could describe.