Chapter 9

They went through the woods. Dienna walked with Fili and Kili. Because of her large feet, she stepped on more twigs and they would snap, "Quiet, little one, you want to save your brother don't you?" Fili hissed.

"Pay him no mind, my brother always takes these things way too seriously," Kili smirked at his brother, Dienna giggled a little. 

"No, it's okay, it's true," she admitted. Thorin stopped all the dwarves as the light of a fire was present. Dienna's heart raced, and she pushed to the front.

"Dienna!" Kili whisper/shouted. The two brothers followed her, when one of the trolls picked Bilbo up by the leg. Dienna stood still, eyes wide at the gigantic creature. She moved forward.

"Don't," Fili put an arm on Dienna's.

"He's my brother. You would do the same, Fili, I know it," she said. Fili looked at Kili.

"Then we go together," Kili said, "Wait for our signal!" He said to the other dwarves. Thorin nodded, Kili and Dienna looked at each other and jumped through the trees.

Kili hacked at one of the three trolls legs, making the troll squeal. When another reached for Dienna, she shot him in the finger, making him draw back. She knocked another arrow "Drop him!" she shouted.

"You what?" the troll answered.

"She said, drop him," Kili answered.

The troll growled, but threw Bilbo and Kili caught him. Dienna looked into the woods, shot her arrow into the air, and the other dwarves emerged, shouting and their weapons drawn. Thorin used his sword and chopped one of the troll's arm. Dienna saw another go to grab Thorin, she opened fire, shooting multiple arrows. They hit their mark in the troll's arm making the troll roar. Thorin looked up, seeing the arrows, then looked at Dienna. She smiled at him before continuing to shoot. While she was shooting, she saw her brother duck under the trolls. Dienna ran to him, "What are you doing?" she hissed.

"Help me get the ponies freed!" Bilbo answered. Dienna nodded and helped him grab the knife from the troll. When she went past her brother to keep him cover, Bilbo accidentally sliced her arm with the dirty knife. Dienna bit her lip to keep from screaming. Bilbo started to saw at the pen, while Dienna kept watch, trying not to think of the pain and quickly bandaged the cut. That's when one of the trolls saw the hobbits.

"Hurry!" She tried to shoot, but her arm was in so much pain. The troll didn't stop his advance. Bilbo got the ponies free, but not before he heard Dienna's scream. Everyone stopped fighting and looked up. Dienna was struggling while being held by her arms and legs. 

"Dienna!" Kili shouted and started forward, but Thorin stopped him.

"Lay down her arm, or we'll rip her's off!" the troll holding Dienna said. Throin looked at her, conflicted. 

"Don't," she mouthed to him. Thorin knew he shouldn't give up on the battle, and listen to her. But he couldn't stand the thought of her getting hurt. He started to move, "Don't," she said, but he didn't listen and stuck his sword in the ground. The others followed suit, dropping their swords and axes at their sides. The trolls threw her, she yelped but Thorin caught her. She looked up at him, "Why would you do that? Why save me?"

"Because you are part of this company, you're one of us," Thorin answered before the trolls grabbed them.

~~~

Some of the dwarves and some of them were placed on a spit. Dienna and Bilbo were on the ground and watched as the spit was put over the fire. All the dwarves on the spit protested.