Chapter 2

/Ruth's P.O.V/

Location: Banglore, India

Time:Three years ago

I got off the bus and laughed as my friend shouted "Hatur!" out of the window as the bus drove away. Why was I called Hatur? Because it was impossible to pronounce my name backwards without putting an extra vowel. For some reason it is like a thing among my school friends to think of a nickname for me. They have been unsuccessful so far and unless you count 'Hatur' as a nickname, they still are.

I turned and started walking home.I live in a gated communtiy with villas. Sounds pretty fancy right? Nahh, the houses aren't mansions but are big enough.There are like 80 villas, I think. We're a pretty close-knit society to be honest. When someone moves in, they rarely move back out.

 I'm walking and my legs feel like tomato cans right now.Large, chunky, metallic and heavy tomato cans. These poor tomato cans had to stand in the sun for two hours during rehearsals for the annual theater festival.

I am the Main Comparer for the event, which I have mixed feelings about. I'm happy about it because it means I can skip classes and spend time running around the corridors for practice. I'm not too happy about it because I miss classes and I have to stand through four hour long practices.

Fun...

Anyway, today wasn't too great. Firstly, my co-MC for the theater fest didn't turn up. So I had to run my lines with this teacher which was SUPER awkward. Secondly, I forgot both my lunch box and extra money at home. Thirdly, Amara couldn't come to school because of some family function. Lastly, I got in trouble for yelling at this girl during lunch break.

I CAN EXPLAIN MYSELF.

So, me and this guy were arguing. Let's just say this girl hates me because....

I don't even know why, but anyway.

 She hates me but she's also scared of me. I was already annoyed because I was hungry and in this stupid argument. And do you wanna know what she did? She started cheering on the guy! Arghhhhhhhh. I politely told her to shut it like ten times. But she didn't listen. And then I yelled at her....

Exactly when my class teacher walked into the room...

More fun...

A pile of dry leaves snapped me out of my thoughts.

A pile of dry crackly leaves..

A very inviting pile of dry crackly leaves...

I'M SORRY BUT I HAVE NO SELF-RESTRAINT!

Therefore I jumped on the pile, causing the most satisfying crunchhhhh ever! And I also earned the death glares of the cleaning help who just swept the road. 'I'm sorry! The temptation was too much!' I tried to communicate through my adorably meek  smile. But they still glared at me till I walked into my house and closed the door.

Home sweet ho-

"Ruth is that you? How was your day?? Don't leave your stuff on the couch! Pick them up and take them to your room!!" My mum yelled from the kitchen.

I wasn't going to put anything on the couch!! Kindasortamaybe....

"Hey mummy," I said and dragged my tomato-can-like legs to my room.

**About half an hour later**

I was sitting on the dining table eating spaghetti while watching some random stuff on my laptop. I finished eating, put my plate in the sink and started some of my homework. I completed my bio, chem, physics and math homework and I almost fell asleep after.