Chapter 4

/Ruth's P.O.V/

Location: Banglore, India

Time: Three years ago

"Ruth! Did you finish your homework?" Amara whispered to me while our teacher took attendence. We were sitting together in our chemistry class. Our chem teacher is great...

If you ignore the permanent scowl on her face...

And her habit of sreaming while throwing small pieces of chalk at us...

And her habit of making you finish your homework while standing if you forget to do it at home...

And her special hatred for me and Amara...

Yep, she's great!

"We had homework?!"  I whisper-shouted. 

"Yes we did!!" She replied. "I didn't do it either!!" Great. Now we're both doomed. Don't get the wrong impression. We always do our homework. But, in these rare situations, I always copy from Amara. She does the same, so it's fair.

But now...

wE'RE DEAD.

"Psst! Ruth!" I heard from a couple of desks behind me. I saw Shrish sitting along with his brain-cell-deficient friends. He pointed at the ground and nodded. I glanced down and saw a paper with a small note attached. 

It was his homework, and a note. I shot him a grateful grin and started copying down the homework. Amara didn't say anything and started to copy it too. But I swear, her mood was ruined after that.

She definitely likes him. 

She can deny it as much as she wants to, but I'm her best friend. I know her better than she knows her! Well, I think so. Oh c'mon! I know she has a secret Vampire SpongeBob fanfiction! I totally didn't help her write it..

Pssh whattt?

Nooooo.

The homework was barely anything. It was just like ten equations. So we put our books under the desk and copied it.

"Class, I will start checking the homework from this side." The teacher drawled and pointed at the desks in the other side of the class.

Phew

 I was writing pretty fast. But if she started checking from my side of the class..

 My funeral will take place on the twenty-ninth of August, everyone. And quick fyi, I would love chocolate cupcakes instead of flower bouquets.

Like what is the obsession with flowers anyway? They're just going to dry up and die along with the dead person! Now, plastic flowers though..

ANYWAY-

But luckily, the teacher started on the other side. So, there will be no dead bodies found in the seventh grade class-room. Yayy!

Amara hummed to tell me she finished.So, I picked up the note and passed his homework back to him with a "THANK YOU!! WE OWE YOU!! still hate you btw :D" note.

I wanted to add 'Amara doesn't though' after the 'still hate you btw'  on the note. But she didn't let me. She was blushing when I suggested it, I would like to add. I mean, let's be real- If you don't tease your friend when they have a crush on someone...

 You aren't a good friend.

hehe

My teacher made her way through the class, ticking everyone's homework with a red pen. When she approached our desk, she gave us a special scowl which is reserved from the two of us. See? She loves us so much, that one of the scowls in her collection is saved for me and Amara.