Chapter 3

/Ruth's P.O.V/

Location: L.A, California

Time: Present

I have never hated toothpaste as much as I do right now. It's 5:30 A.M and I woke up before my alarm. That's the first time this year.

 Yes, I'm a morning person. I can either stay up super late and wake up early or sleep early and wake up early. So, yeah, I like waking up early in the morning.

Back to the toothpaste.

I swear all the toothpaste is in the bottom-est, bottom part of the tube. And squeezing toothpaste out of a vERY stubborn tube is not my favourtie way to start the day. 

After a five minutes of bending the tube in the weirdest positions, the red paste squirted onto my wet toothbrush. I stuffed it into my mouth and began brushing.

I'm not even kidding when I say this, but I think best in my bathroom. Like when I'm having a shower or brushing my teeth. It's like my thoughts just run smoothly in bathrooms?

I just realized how weird that is.

As of the moment, I was debating whether to make waffles or pancakes for breakfast. It has to be one of the most controversial topics ever. 

Politics what?

In my house, you either eat what my mom makes or make your own food. It's not that my mom is a bad cook, she rocks. But I just like making my own food I guess. Pancakes would be easier to make, but waffles are just so good! 

I spat out the red froth and rinsed my mouth. I washed my face and went downstairs. It was dark, because I wake up before the sun. HA.

 I flipped on the lights and plopped down on the couch. 

Now what do I do? 

On normal school days, I would finish my homework before school. But it's only the first day. So I'm kinda free. 

Should I read a book?

But the book was is all the way upstairs. Ugh.

.....

 "Ruth!" I heard my mom call. "Wake up!" 

I blinked and saw my mom bending over the couch and shaking my shoulder. Seeing I woke up, she walked back to the kitchen. The smell of omlettes were wafting from there. 

I glanced at the clock on the wall and saw it was 7:30. 

Cool.

Easton should be here in fifteen minutes.

Sweet.

WAAAAIT WHAT.

I jumped up and ran upstairs to my room. I threw on a pair of loose jeans and an oversized t-shirt. I rinsed my mouth with some disgusting mouthwash instead of brushing again. I grabbed my stuff and run back downstairs.

My saviour of a mother had placed a plate of scrambled eggs and slices of apples on the kitchen counter. I wolfed down my breakfast and put the plate in the sink.

"Okay, bye dear. Have a good day!" She said. 

"Thanks!" I said and almost closed the door but "Ruth you didn't comb your hair!"

CRAP

I looked at the mirror on the wall and well. I looked okayyy? I quickly retied my ponytail and let my bangs down. "Thank you mummy!" I said and ran out.