Kotoha and Training

Yumiko woke up to a screech. It was Kotoha. She was horrified by the amount of spiders in her room. Yumiko rubbed her eyes and asked what was wrong. Kotoha told her to come to her then look at her room. She shrugged and went to her and turned around.

"What? Nothing is wrong. My friends made themselves at home. I don't see the problem."

Kotoha looked up confused. "You brought these spiders? Why?"

Yumiko looked up toward Kotoha and said "Well they are my friends and they did save my life once."

When Douma first found Yumiko she believed wholeheartedly that if it wasn't for them she would be dead. Kotoha nodded and then brought Yumiko to get some dinner. By the way everything worked in this place she could tell that Douma made a cult surrounding himself, just as her parents did.

Douma invited Yumiko to breakfast with him. When she sat down it was awkward to say the least. Douma spoke the first word.

"So I'm sure you have questions. 'Why did you let me live?' 'Where am I?' 'What are you?' and I'm sure more. So ask away. I have no need to lie. You already know I'm not human."

"What are you exactly? I would like to know and so would the spiders."

Douma began to laugh a little. "Your spiders truly are interesting. I am a demon and I am the third strongest of them all."

"Then why do your eyes say Upper 2?" Because I serve the strongest demon and there is one other above me. In time you will meet them."

Yumiko nodded her head in understanding. "Well I have no further questions. You let me live because you found me interesting and I may not know where I am but I can get a town name from someone here. I shouldn't bother with such a useless question."

Douma giggled. "Well child you sure are a smart one unlike that Kotoha. Yet I still find myself loving her everyday. She always sings to Inosuke but she never sings the same word. It is different every time and yet her voice is so beautiful."

Yumiko looked at Douma and he was speaking genuine words of this woman.

"Well I guess we glossed over this last night. How old are you and what is your name?"

"My name is Yumiko Inugami and I am currently 9 years old."

"Well I shall make sure that brain of yours is put to work."

After they finished breakfast Douma showed Yumiko around and told her to make sure her spiders didn't scare everyone. She nodded but she didn't know how to make it so they wouldn't be scared. The one thing Yumiko never was good at was socializing with people. Spiders she had no problem but humans she just got scared and crumbled.

Douma threw her head first into two things. The cult social life and he decided to train her to make her stronger to be a good demon. Stronger humans tend to make better demons and Douma wants to experiment.

Socially Yumiko was doing okay. She was relying on Kotoha to speak for her which Douma noticed but there wasn't much he could do.

It was a night like any other and Douma had just killed more women to feast on. Yumiko was asleep in her room when she heard Kotoha scream. She ran out and saw Kotoha in horror of the true Douma. Douma tried to explain and defend himself but Kotoha ran with Inosuke in her arms. She then on the way out Grabbed Yumiko by the hand and started running.

They got outside and Yumiko asked Kotoha "Why save me?"

Kotoha said "You are a child and I couldn't as a mother leave you."

Yumiko just stared wide eyed, not sure what to say. They continued to run but they ran into a cliff. Kotoha was a dumb woman so she kneeled on the ground and told inosuke that she loved him and left him in the wild. Neither of them knew if she would live but Yumiko could hope. Douma soon caught up to them and killed Kotoha with a saddened expression on his face.