The Swordsmith Village

The journey was certainly an interesting one. Yumiko had three different people carry her on their backs to get her to the village. When she finally got there she was greeted by the Chief of the village. He told her to bow her head until her head touched the ground.

Yumiko looked at him confused. "I don't think I will. I am not one for formalities. Where I was raised it was sickening."

"The Master told me of you. He told you that you were raised in two different cults and in one of them you were a god in the first one. I understand but that is still disrespectful. Once you learn respect you can talk with me! Take her to her new home!"

The other swordsmiths sighed "Sorry about that. He can be a little bit pushy. Please, you are fully welcome here. We all know fully who you are."

Yumiko rolled her eyes. "So basically no one will talk to me I guess."

The man looked at her. "No no! You will be accepted! My name is Imai Nobuo. If you need anything let me know!"

Yumiko smiled. "Nice to meet Imai! I am glad you are at least willing to talk to me. Can I go to the springs when I drop off my stuff?"

"Of course! Lets get your stuff put away! By the way, Kanroji is also in your room. Is that okay?"

She got a little flustered but she was okay with it. Once she got everything in her room she was guided to the bathhouse. She took off her clothes and headed over to the springs. When she got to them she saw kanroji sitting there.

Kanroji turned over to face Yumiko. "Yumiko! How are you doing!" Yumiko was taken aback. She thought she would be alone. "Uh I'm good. I thought I was going to be alone."

Kanroji could tell she wasn't too happy. The marks on her body from becoming a demon she wanted no one to see. To herself she was hideous. When Kanroji looked at her she felt very self conscious.

"Hey I know you miss your partners and you don't want to be a demon but, try to cheer up! You still have me right? And I bet Kyojuro is always watching over us."

Kanroji started to get to Yumiko. She began to smile again just thinking of Kyojuro. The two of them spoke of their memories with him and the others. When they returned from the springs Yumiko saw Nezuko and Tanjiro. They hadn't seen her since the Red Light District.

When Tanjiro saw her his eyes widened. "WHAAAAAAAAAA! You are alive!!!?? You are a demon! What happened!?!"

Kanroji bonked Tanjiro on his head. "Young man, you should know better than to ask a lady about her appearance!" Tanjiro in a panic "Y-yes ma'am I'm sorry!"

Yumiko started giggling "It's fine Kanroji. He is a curious boy. I was turned into a demon by Muzan against my own will. If you would follow me." Yumiko started walking but told Nezuko to stay back. Yumiko started opening the door outside. Tanjiro immediately sprung into action to get Yumiko away from the sun. Kanroji stopped him though.

"Are you trying to kill her! She'll die in the sun!"

Yumiko opened the door and just stood there. Tanjiro's face was in shock. He stood there for at least one minute staring at her. Yumiko started laughing at his face. "It's fine I understand that you are confused. Let's go back inside and talk. I also want to talk to your sister." Tanjiro agreed.

They went back inside and Nezuko was sitting in the dining room with her feet in the air. Yumiko had a soft smile. Yumiko looked at Tanjiro and began to speak. "How strong is your sister's will?"

"She has a very strong will. You remember when she refused Mr. Sanemi's blood? Well that was a show of her will for sure."

Yumiko looked perplexed "You called him Sanemi, why?"

Tanjiro looked at her with a smile. " Well his brother Genya is my friend! He is really strong!"

Yumiko's eyes widened. She didn't expect him here with how Sanemi spoke of him although Gyomei spoke highly of him. "Well interesting. I will say hi to him later. Back on to the topic at hand. I was able to be in the sun because of my love for my partners. I believe Nezuko might be able to do what I have been able to complete. It will take time but I think that she can. I am also aware that you are looking for a way to cure Nezuko. Please if you know anything, tell me."

"If you are right about Nezuko that would be incredible. The other question is that it is a bit more complicated. I have met a demon who broke free of Muzan's curse just like you and Nezuko. She even made her own demon from a human to save his life. She is taking blood samples from demons to try and cure Nezuko."

Kanroji and Yumiko were stunned. "Tanjiro. Do you truly trust this demon? If she betrays you, can you kill her?"

"Yes! I will do anything I have to!" Yumiko looked at Tanjiro with a stern look. "Good. That is all of the serious topics I needed to discuss. Any questions for me Tanjiro? This had been a little one sided."

Tanjiro sat there and pondered. "Well I guess can you tell me about what happened and how you got to Muzan in the first place?"

She smiled. "A reasonable question. Douma Upper Two stole me from the battlefield and brought me to Muzan. He promised to me since I was a child that I would become a demon. That was simply the day he made good on his promise. If you are wondering, which I am sure you are, I was raised by demons Upper Two mainly but I also spent a lot of time with Upper One as well."

Tanjiro looked at Yumiko like she was a miracle. "Wooooow! You really have been through a lot! You are an amazing person! Now I understand your scent! It was always sad but happy when next to Mr. Uzui. It was a scent I could never figure out. That was all my questions. Thank you miss Yumiko."

Tanjiro bowed his head. "Tanjiro there is no need for formalities, just call me Yumiko." Tanjiro made a funny face. "Right!"

Yumiko looked at him a little awkwardly. "There is no need for so much energy."

Once Kanroji was finished playing with Nezuko and told Tanjiro about the training bot and that Nezuko could stay with them. Tanjiro agreed and headed off. Nezuko and Kanroji had a lot of fun but Yumiko didn't know what to do. She sat in the corner writing her first letters to her partners.

Nezuko saw Yumiko sitting alone in the corner and grabbed her hand. She dragged Yumiko closer to the fun. She sat with them and Nezuko had her sit still. She undid her hair but put it up like hers. When she was finished they gave a mirror and Yumiko's heart almost melted into nothing. Kanroji started doing Nezuko's hair like her own. She looked so happy. It was a nice moment of peace for that day.