Rebirth(2)

Before Rok Soo had realized it an entire week had passed with Eruhaben in the dragon's personal lair.

In this time he had learned three important things:

One : Dragons were really great. Rok Soo had picked up reading at an astronomically quick rate. It had already been strange to realize he had been talking and moving on his own after essentially just being born but his learning capacity seemed to be an unstoppable force. Not even Rok Soo could tell what his own limits were. Human babies had nothing on dragons.

Two : Eruhaben was definitely not prepared to take care of anyone, let alone a baby dragon. The older dragon did well when instructing him on how to read and write, and did okay with filling in what little gaps Rok Soo was dealing with conversation wise. However the minute the discussion turned to anything outside of education he could barely keep up. Rok Soo had once asked what he did for fun and the elven shaped man had frozen only to then ask 'why do you want to know?'. How long had it been since Eruhaben had kept any company? Rok Soo had already found out he was nearly a thousand years old, how could he be this bad at conversation?

The third and most important thing : Rok Soo had unfortunately reincarnated into the world of "The Birth of a Hero". He had discovered this after discussing the current kingdoms and their monarchs. The moment he had heard 'Roan Kingdom' and 'Alberu Crossman' he had enough proof to confirm his current location.

It was an enjoyable read when he was a human, but living in this world? Even as a dragon it would surely be difficult. Perhaps if he had been born years before the novel took place or even after it would be different, but if his memory of the novel was correct he had just around fourteen years before Choi Han would return to the destroyed Harris Village. Not only would Rok Soo have to live in this novel world, but he would be doing so as one of the strongest known figures during the actual plotline.

Rok Soo immediately tried to ignore the now common rush of pride that came at recognizing how strong his existence was. How embarrassing to be proud of something you couldn't help but be born with. It's not like he had worked for it! He didn't even want to be powerful! Being powerful meant he wouldn't be able to relax!

He looked sulkily at himself in the mirror adjacent to his desk. Eruhaben had quickly set up a room for him upon his arrival, and a mirror was one of the first additions. After all:

"A dragon needs to be able to see their own greatness."

Eruhaben's words, not his.

It had taken a few days to adjust to the completely different figure staring back at him. He was less than 3 feet long, and his scaled skin was a deep crimson red. His eyes matched his one's from his previous life, it not a bit more red than brown. His wings were longer than the average newly born dragon's, but he only had Eruhaben's word to go off of for that. Four small, itchy circular nubs were situated on either side of his head. A place where horns would grow, apparently. The second set, directly behind the first were larger. In this case he was also outside of the average, as most dragons only had two.

Rok Soo had tried polymorphing into a human—or at least something human-like, however it was difficult to maintain the form with his current mana control and the results, well...

He'd rather be a baby dragon than a baby human or elf. He hadn't been able to adjust the age he appeared as during the shift and it was only thanks to Eruhaben's quick reflexes that baby human Rok Soo hadn't gone tumbling off the desk he had been practicing on when his center of gravity suddenly shifted. His brilliant idea to pretend to be a normal human was then put on hold.