On a Quest for Change(2)

Finding the Blue Wolf Tribe was slightly more difficult than simply locating them on a map. Due to their nature the tribe wasn't exactly welcomed by the common people, and had done a very good job of staying isolated for their own protection. This meant if any officials found them, they moved. Rok had somewhat of an idea of where they'd be living for the next few years due to his previous novel knowledge, but all he had was a general location. They'd need to teleport to Puzzle City and head in the direction it dictated originally.

Not that Rok or Cale had much time to slip away in the first few weeks of Rok joining the Henituse Household.

First, Rok had to take his 'crash course' lessons on the family histories he needed information on. Then, a woman had come to judge his expertise in noble etiquette and proper speech. Something which he hadn't previously been tested on. That had been a bit more difficult, as his knowledge had apparently been a bit too formal for modern day sensibilities. His teacher had questioned who had taught him, assuming it must be someone with outdated texts who was simply doing their best to aid a struggling orphan.

Rok didn't have the heart to tell her that his previous teacher was a 1000 year old dragon who would very much dislike knowing she took issue with his teachings, instead saying it was his adoptive father.

It wasn't his fault she assumed his father was a human.

While Rok was working on modernizing his etiquette, Cale busied himself with teaching his younger sister basic sword forms. It had become quite an amusing sight watching the two go from awkwardly walking together down to the training hall to the two slowly making jokes and casually sharing space to finally, just yesterday, seeing Cale carry a giggling Lily down the hall on his back, the 4 year old clinging to his neck in a choke hold.

Rok wouldn't say anything about how Cale had begun to smile more, deciding letting the teen know would only set him back in progress.

He still needed to figure out something for Basen, who was practically pouting every time he saw him. Basen didn't have much skill in the sword, and zero desire to specialize in it. When Rok did happen upon the boy it tended to be in the library, or coming and going while carrying stacks of territorial documents. Rok had begun to form somewhat of a plan for him based around his own hobbies, but it would mean Rok would need to become involved to carry it out.

He'd need to wait to enact it, though, as between all of the easy going moments and improving relationships within the Henituse family came one large issue.

Raon hadn't stopped having the dreams. If anything, they had increased.

At first the black dragon had hesitated to wake him up in the middle of the night, not wishing to burden his Hyung. However after the third day in a row of finding a hunched up, trembling two month old that flinched for the first few hours of the morning whenever someone came near Rok had been insistent that Raon speak up.

Which had resulted in Rok waking up at least once a night to a frightened, sometimes crying, black dragon.

He couldn't even do anything about it other than open his arms and hold the child close, keeping his ears open for when Raon would inevitably breakdown and explain what torture he'd had to endure that night within his own dreams.

Venion Stan had become a common character in those nightmares, haunting little Raon and causing quite a moment of panic when some poor servant with a similar hair style had tried to bring him breakfast one morning. It was only Rok's quick thinking that had stopped Raon from revealing himself in a fit of terrified, protective rage.

Needless to say, the servant had to be reassigned to another area of the house, Hans taking the demand with a slight amount of confusion but a desire to stay on his charge's good side.