Chapter 3

*PRESENT*

-Daniela's 'traveling' outfit-

"You look familiar." Snow says to Daniela after the girl got changed into a more fitting outfit. "Have we met?"

"Not to my knowledge." Daniela responds. "I think I would remember the infamous Snow White." The girl smirks and Snow chuckles.

"Who were you then? Before the curse." Snow asks with a slight tilt of her head. Daniela thinks for a moment. She can't very well tell Snow that she was in Wonderland.

"I was an orphan." She decides to answer. "I ran away a few years ago and ended up becoming an apprentice for a mercenary. He sent me to this part of the land to get supplies, then the curse hit."

Really Dani, what were you thinking when you came up with this? Couldn't think of something else? She scolds herself.

"Then you were lucky." Snow smiles and Dani is glad the woman didn't question her further. "Spending 28 years under a curse without any memories of this place wasn't fun."

"Being frozen for 28 years wasn't fun either." Daniela responds with a feigned smile, curiously studying the other woman.

"True enough." Snow chuckles and they start walking towards Emma and Mulan, who are on the other side of the field.

"What happened, in this other land? Did something happen that made you come here? Is the Evil Queen still in charge?" Daniela starts to question, wanting to know how her mother is doing. She just can't wait to be reunited.

"No, Regina isn't in charge anymore. She was mayor of the town for some time, it was kind of like when she was Queen." Snow starts to explain to Dani. "But when the curse was broken, we all started to remember and banded together to stop Regina. We locked her in a cell, but-"

"But what?" Daniela grows impatient and accidentally cuts Snow off. The brunette quickly regains herself. "Sorry, I'm just curious how you got here, that's all."

Snow gives her a brief, although slightly reluctant smile before continuing. "Gold- well, Rumplestiltskin, sent a Wraith after Regina. That didn't feel right and Henry didn't want to see his mother hurt, so we made a plan to throw the creature into a portal. The plan worked initially, but Emma fell through the portal and I jumped after her. That's how we got here."

"Henry?" That's all Daniela can focus on, Henry. Did her mother already replace her with a new child, one that was named after her grandfather? "The Queen has a son then?"

Snow nods. "Yes, but it's rather... complicated. Henry was adopted by Regina, but he is actually Emma's son. So that makes him my grandson-"

"Grandson?" Daniela interferes again. Now she is a bit lost, even though she already knew Emma was Snow's daughter. "Then Emma is your daughter? That truly is complicated."