ʚ ch 1 ɞ

chapter 1 !!
home ?

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈•༶

Rex POV:

I woke up. I was in the middle of the woods, I looked around trying to recognise where I was. Hitting myself a few times to make sure I wasn't sleeping. The rexcelsior was nowhere to be seen. I saw light and I ran towards it.

A cliff with the view of a bustling, happy area.

"Syspocalypstar?"

I went through this walking path to get there, hitting myself another 5 times.
The area looked like how it did years back.
There wasnt that one skyscraper cafe that the builders spent all of their time and effort into.
There was no big lake that took alot of materials + even more time and effort

I walked towards what looked like Harmony Town as I noticed I had the same appearance that I did before melody, allison, thomas, harmony, and everyone else changed me for the better, in other words I was wearing the original rex dangervest outfit. What was happening?

I still don't get if it was a coincidence that I found myself in emmet's universe all those years ago when I was apparently needed the most, Melody and Kiki keep telling me it's because I was the only person who could help save the whole world, I'm sure there was someone who could of done it without including the life threatning steps that I had. The prophecy was fake after all.

Everyone looked brainwashed, like- for real. They were all acting weirder then they were a few days ago.
Then a stupid thought hit me.

"Is this.....my original timeline?"

I was about to continue overthinking it until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"H-Hello!"

It was mayhem.

"Sweet?"

"H-How do you know my name? I haven't seen you around here before..."

I was definitely not in emmet's timeline.

"o-oh I have just heard about you and all of the other people here so I decided to visit!"

"Ohhh! So you are new! I should go and get the others, they would love to meet you!- I'm guessing you know but I'm sweet mayhem!....general sweet mayhem....that is"

She went off to go and get the 'others'.
I was hoping she wasn't talking about who I thought she was.

I continued to look at my surroundings, everyone greeting me as if they don't know who I am.

Yep. I was definitely in my timeline, I could tell that as my 'friends' walked up to me, without emmet for obvious reasons.

I forgived and became friends with them from emmet's timeline, Im never going to forgive them from my timeline though, they never bothered looking for me. I went insane under that dryer! They.....they forgot about me.

"Ohohohoh, you must be one of the newest tourists!"
Said the queen, approaching me with glee.

"Uh- yeah!."
I had no idea what i was saying, I was just purely panicking.

"Well you would be in the right place! I am queen watevra I wanabi, this is my lovely husband batsy- or batman as some call him."
"I'm wyldstyle, not a dj. More of a singer- maybe a dj...... I have no clue."
"I'm metalbeard! Nice to meet ya lad!"
"I'm benny! I really like spaceships >v<"
"I'm princess unikitty !!"
"Nice to meet you all! I'm rex- rex dangervest, not to special of a guy."

it was weird seeing lucy without the normal black hair with pink and blue stripes. I knew it was her. I couldn't help but smile to the sight of her.
When I was in emmet's timeline I couldnt help but feel abit lonely considering he was over there having a fun life with her. I mean, before I left they were considering a seccond child! By now she would of found someone to fill the hole in her heart........right?

"Where did you come from, rex?"

I snapped back into reality, I had to think of a cover up, I wouldnt want them knowing who I really am.....yet

"Im trying to find the perfect place to call home"

I didn't realise it but I was changing up my cover story alot. Hopefully they weren't catching on to anything.
despite how much I was accepted and kindfully treated in emmet's timeline I still felt like it wasn't where I really belonged.

"It sounds like you've been to many places! So cool.....!" Lucy beamed. "Maybe I could show you around! It'll help your time here be more enjoyable!"

"Okay"

she invited the others to come too but they were quite sure they wanted Lucy to show me around only.
she looked at me, smiling while taking me by the left hand as we went down the main road.

"Here's the overpriced coffee shop! Firework store......we love celebrating everything here in syspocalypstar! Something's so joyful about it!"

I wasn't used to her personality being all bubbly and not as dark and brooding as I remembered, however I was willing to believe she wasn't brainwashed.

"And over here is the-"

I turned my head to the left. There was a statue in gold, a construction worker.

"What's that?" I said, pointing over to it.

"Oh! I shouldn't of forgotten.......it's a statue of our hero....Emmet.....the special"

"Oh, Ive heard a thing or two, isn't this about the prophecy and the "chosen" one?"

She knelt down in front of the statue.

"Yes....the prophecy might not of been true, making him just be a normal guy to everyone else.....but to me......he's always going to be my special"

I blushed slightly, she didn't forget me.

"There used to be a time where the systarians weren't our friends, they took me and all of the others except for him here, the townspeople claimed he went off to save us.....he was never seen again"

A tear went down her eye, I could hear her breathing.

"O-oh I'm sorry for asking! I should of figured out myself."

"Nono, it's fine. It just makes me upset that people don't appreciate him more, he was always lifting everyones spirits and looking after them too, i-i wasn't the kindest person to him about it and I wish I could go back in time to tell myself to appreciate the time I had with him more....... I never gave up looking for him, people are starting to think I'm crazy!.....I just miss him.....alot"

"He sounds like a really nice guy." I said, sitting down next to her

"He really was, if only you got to meet him, do....you have anywhere to stay?"

"I only arrived here about 10 minutes ago, so no, not really"

"Tonight......wanabi invited me, batman, metalbeard, benny, unikitty and all of the others for a night in her castle mansion thing, it's getting late, I might be able to get you to come along, we can deal with findng your temporary home later"

"Okay"

I stood up, helping her get up too, she wiped the tears out of her eyes.

"Lets go find them"

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈•༶