A battlefield (CH 13)

A/N: I am not fully pleased with how this chapter turned out, but I also didn't want to spend any more time with it and wanted to move on. This chapter is also a small view to Seokjin's life. Have fun reading it and don't forget that leaving a star is very motivating! :D

"Is this kind of mistake acceptable, that you still have the audacity to ask for forgiveness? Get out of my sight!" Seokjin said calmly, but with a dangerous undertone, as he pushed away the broccoli soup with the wrong garnishment on top of it. The chopped nuts were not roasted at all, and the grated ginger was not fine enough. The other interns were watching this whole scene with uttermost horror. They were more in shock as the young intern still dared to speak, after Seokjin pushed away his plate with pursed lips, showing the distaste in his food.

"Can't I repeat it? I am sorry, I didn't know-"
"You had a recipe." Seokjin stopped this nonsense right there. "If I was your customer, would you tell me to wait another twenty minutes until my food is served?" Seokjin wiped his mouth with a cloth and shook his head. "Don't you dare to step into my kitchen once again. I don't need mistakes here." He turned his wide shoulders to the man and walked away, already focused on the next food by another shivering intern. Yes, he didn't need mistakes in his flawless kitchen, with nothing but perfection only.

"Tomato soup with lemon zest garnishment, sir." The next intern presented his food.
"You all had half an hour just for soup, that's all you can serve me after so much time?" Seokjin didn't even taste the soup yet, but it honestly looked like the product of canned food in his eyes. Disgusting. "Nowadays interns get a lot of coziness. Half an hour just for soup is ridiculous." It is the fact that nobody even dared to make a risky soup yet. All the interns lined up behind the large kitchen island and they were waiting of impossible praises for their ordinary, uncustomized and bland dishes. He scoffed under his breath. Some of them didn't even take this serious enough.

"I- I also added a splash of coconut milk to it and prepared big chunks of croutons, sir." The young man pushed the second plate to Seokjin, who studied the new plate with a serious gaze. Honesty wins: it didn't look promising, but it was indeed a new idea. Big croutons in sponge finger sizes. He tenderly picked one of the croutons, only to watch how the big piece broke into little crumbs in his long fingers. Then he raised his hand and smashed all of them to demonstrate how tender and soft the croutons were, which was a major mistake again. The other interns gasped again, watching how Seokjin pushed the crumbs with the back of his fingers, making a bigger mess out of it. A small pile of crouton snow has arisen in the meantime.

"Clean that and leave." He told him swiftly as he walked to the next plate. These words should be enough to tell the intern that he was dismissed.

He was easily irritated. All these high-class ingredients were wasted in irresponsible and amateur hands. He hissed under his breath with an angry head shake.

Being one of the youngest chefs in his country, he had the honor to prepare dishes to the most successful businessmen, politicians and celebrities. All of that was only achieved with hard work, determination and of course Seokjin's perfection. He built a team for himself, working in a prestigious five-star hotel's kitchen as the head chef. Usually, he would not waste his time with interns at all. His time was precious like gold, but it was the hotel administration's personal request to teach the interns something and to let them participate in a competition led by Seokjin himself.

Instead, he was roasting them. He had no patience with careless beginners in his kitchen. He gave them only the best and freshest ingredients, the time they needed and many different recipes from scratch. This was only a shitshow to him, not even one dish was satisfying enough. If that would be a contest where he had to decide his new team member, he would open the wide double doors of his kitchen and let them all leave.