Stay Overnight ?! (CH 4)

Namjoon felt heaviness on his heels, he plopped on his couch and took a can of cold coke. He sighed as some memories appeared in his mind. Memories about Jackson and him, when they played at the backyard or argued about dinky subjects or when Jackson asked Namjoon to help him with homework and Namjoon only helped when his brother treated him like a king.

Jackson had a unique humor and Namjoon always appreciated that. He remembered how both of them pranked their teacher and put glue all over her chair. The poor woman ended up with tears in the middle of the class. Now when he remembered it, it sounded cruel but back then it was one of the best things what could brighten their boring school days.
He was lost in recalling those precious memories till a phone ring ripped him out of that trance.
"Hello. Mr. Yoongi?" He said with a hint of curiosity, after he saw the known number.
"Uhm, Mr. Namjoon... I am sorry for calling you at that late hour..." The lawyer sounded very ashamed of that and indeed it was 10 p.m., not a time you should call a stranger without a good reason.
"...but Jungkook...he screams around and asks after his dad. We can't tell him that he is dead, he doesn't accept it, he actually doesn't know what it means." It was still not a good reason to call him at that time, Namjoon thought.
"...now he wants to visit you, since you allowed him to do that. He is crying now for one hour straight and I couldn't do other than calling you." He explained with an apologetically voice. Yeah, that was a good reason, but Namjoon didn't want to be a part of the solution. He inwardly mocked the man to be so unskilled to calm a toddler down.
"If you don't mind... can I just visit you with Jungkook?" He asked, his steel voice was now soft as a feather. Namjoon could hear  that someone was sobbing in the background and he bit his lower lip. He hated being soft, because he feared that this softness would let him make choices he wouldn't do normally.
"Y-Yeah, fine." Crap, there we go...

After only twenty minutes Yoongi stood in front of the door with Jungkook in his arms. The toddler was straddled around Yoongi's waist and rested his head on the shoulder of the man.
"Sorry again." Yoongi said and patted on Jungkook's back to show him that they arrived and his tall uncle was there. Jungkook lifted his head from the shoulder and turned his head, looking over his own shoulder to the man. He let an adorable pout and Yoongi helped him to get a better access. As soon as Jungkook could see Namjoon better, he swung his body over to Namjoon and almost let him stumble backwards. He clung on him very tightly. Namjoon had to clasp the little koala so he won't fall down. The boy nuzzled into his chest and cuddled into that chest with his whole body. 

"I missed you uncle." He mumbled into Namjoon's shirt. Namjoon was frozen, he changed a confused look with Yoongi. He himself was perplexed that Jungkook wrapped him and Yoongi was confused with the sudden love show.
"H-He actually doesn't like to hug everyone." Yoongi explained in a very shocked face. Namjoon didn't know if he should be glad or worried about that.
"Uncle." Namjoon looked at him, he somehow liked to be addressed as 'uncle', it made him feel less lonely. "Daddy said I should stay with you, if I like you." He mumbled sleepily into the wide chest. Yoongi came closer to them and rubbed Jungkook's back to prevent him from sleeping, because he wanted to hear that again.
"Your dad said what?" He asked, but the only thing he could get was a light, sleepy moan what was leading Jungkook into a deep sleep. Yoongi knew that the kid was tired and exhausted, even more after crying one hour straight. 

"If I would know that he would sleep, I wouldn't bring him here." Yoongi said and reached to take the child, but the said child was a smart ass. He tightened his arms around Namjoon's neck and buried his face more into the flat chest. Yoongi huffed, Jungkook was just stubborn if he wanted to be. It has noting to do with being a three-year-old, he could be stubborn whenever he wanted and he wanted to be stubborn yet.
Namjoon touched slowly the sides of Jungkook to push him back and give him back to where he belongs and for Namjoon it was everywhere but not his arms. Jungkook whined as both, Yoongi and Namjoon, tried to part the kid from his uncle, the wide chest he liked to nuzzle in.
After nearly four minutes of struggling, they gave up and Namjoon felt the defeat till his bones. Yoongi looked grumpy and serious, but he was a softie for that child, Namjoon got it as soon as he noticed how he changed his facial expression when Jungkook spoke with him. Plus, he didn't want to annoy Jungkook's peaceful sleep on Namjoon's chest.

"I actually brought his backpack with me." He said quickly and turned to rush over to his car only to come back with a small and yellow backpack. A duck's face was illustrated on it and it sparkled even when the street was so dark. He laid the bag in front of Namjoon, on his doormate and bid a 'good night', leaving both of them alone.
Namjoon didn't remember to accept Jungkook to stay overnight at his place, but he could be okay with it for one night. He could bear it for the sake of his brother. So he walked into the house with Jungkook straddling around his waist and face buried on his chest. He wasn't sure, but he thought he heard a light snore. He felt how his lips curved up at the adorable snore and he brought Jungkook into his room, placing him on one side of his bed. Jungkook didn't want to let go at first, but Namjoon's coos helped and he released him. Namjoon whispered nice words into his ear and stroke his head, what was the best strategy to let the little boy snore louder and guide him into a deep sleep.