Chapter 9

I wipe away the tears and my nose. They are all still hugging me.
"Now, get off me," I laugh. They all let go of me and laugh. I move Damien out of my way, and grab the plate of mashed potatoes and beef. I practically inhale the food. It takes me two minutes, tops, to finish the whole plate. I set the plate on my lap and look at Damien.
"Wow, you must be hungry," Elizabeth marvels.
"I, kinda, want more." She grabs my plate and smiles.
"I'll go get you some more. George, Cinna, why don't you come help me?" She pull the two of them along.
"But.... but..." Cinna tries to protest but Elizabeth interrupts.
"I will bring your food up once it's done. We will visit you a little later," she calls as she closes the door behind her. I smile and chuckle to myself. I look up at Damien. He walks up to me and sets on the bed in front of me. He wraps his arms around me. My chest is squished between me and Damien but he doesn't let go.
"I've missed you so much," he nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck. He pulls me even closer to him, if that is even possible. I lean back and he lays on top of me. He sighs.
"Damien, you are squeezing my chest," I laugh.
"I know," he answers sleepily. I run my hands through his hair.
"Go to sleep, you are tired. Probably from watching over me," I kiss the top of his head. He wraps his arms more around my waist and uses my chest as a pillow. I take a deep breath and lean in," I'll watch over you now." I run my hands through his hair and soon feel his breathing steady. He slightly snores and a laugh escapes. I've missed him so much. I hear the door creak open and Elizabeth steps inside.
"I brought you more food," she holds out a plate full of mashed potatoes, beef, bread with butter, and a glass of water.
"Thank you," I take the plate and set it beside me.
"He fall asleep on you?" Elizabeth sighs. I look down at him and smile while I ruffled his hair.
"Yeah, but it's fine." I take my plate up to were it is not laying in Damien and start eating; this time, a bit slower.
"Well, if you need anything just holler," she smiles before leaving. I quickly finish my plate. Not only is Damien making my legs numb but not walking for three days makes it worse. I carefully slip out from under Damien and push my legs off the side of the bed. I jump off the bed and stumble around before my legs wake up. I walk to the door and pull it open. I do not care that I am only wearing Damien's shirt. Surprisingly, someone is not guarding the door. I walk out into the hall and make my way to the front door. I swing the front door open and am blinded by the sunlight. I wait a minute until my eyes finally adjust. I hear a barking and see a dog running to me. The dog knocks me over and starts licking my face. I rub my eyes and see that it was Rubble.
"Rubble!" I yell. I wrap my arms around his neck and hugbhim. "I haven't seen you in forever!" He barks and continues licking my face like a puppy would . I hear a whistle and Rubble retreats. I look up to find Jacobs smiling face.
"Here, let me help you up," he extends his hand to me and I grasp it. He pulls me to my feet. He wraps his bear arms around me in a great, big, bear hug. He lifts me off the ground then places me back on the ground. My back does not hurt a single ounce.
"I'm so glad you are here. Where is Damien?" Jacob asks.
"He's upstairs sleeping. My legs were going numb and I'm really stiff," I smile. "Do you think Damien will be mad I'm out here without him?"
"No, I'm out here with you. As long as you don't get hurt, you should be fine," he smiles. He starts walking away so I follow. Jacob glances over his shoulder and smiles. He speeds up his pace and I speed up mine.
"Jacob, slow down," I call. He stops and turns around.
"I thought you were stiff?"
"I am. Fine, I need to get my legs stronger again anyways. Want to race?" I feel people starting to stop and stare.
"You want to race me?" He asks raising an eyebrow.
"Yes, once I get comfortable clothes on and it's to hot. How about tonight after dinner?" I hold out my hands to him. He grasps my hand firmly.
"You got a deal," he smirks. "Best two out of three?"
"Sure! I just hope you know that you cannot beat me," I boast.
"I can. I am way older than you and I'm male," he grins. I glare at him then put my hands on my hips.
"So just because I'm a female and younger than you means that I will beat me, old man?"
"Yes I do," Jacob crosses his arms.
"Fine. When I prove you won't tonight you and the other males have to do the lady's jobs for a day," I smile. All the females murmur amongst themselves.
"And if I win all the females must do whatever the males say for one day." He grasps my hand harder and shakes it.
"Be prepared to lose," I smile over my shoulder as I start walking towards my house.
"Have fun while it still last!" He calls after me. I turn around to find Damien leaning up against the door frame without a shirt on. He has a blank stare on his face but his eyes say differently. I walk up to him, kiss his cheek, and smile.
"Have a nice nap?" I ask.
"Nah not really but, now I'm wide awake. What was that all about?" He asks.
"I made a bet with your dad that I'll bet him in a race," I smile. He chuckles and smiles. Then he swoops me off the ground and starts carrying me inside.
"Damien, what are you doing?" I softly pound on his chest. He carries me into the room we have been living in since I got hurt. He partially throws me onto the bed. He climbs up on top of me and looks me dead in the eyes. He brings his head to my shoulder.
"I have missed you so much," he starts sucking on my neck. I gasp at the sudden pressure on my neck. Damien must have waited forever because he wants me bad. He puts most of his weight on me.
"Damien, not right now. Tonight after I race your dad," I gasp as he bites down softly on my neck.
"But Kaylee," he whines.
"Tonight after I race your dad, you can do whatever you want to me," I smile. He looks me in the eyes and smirks.
"Pinkie promise?" He raises an eyebrow.
"Pinkie promise," I sigh as I roll my eyes. He kisses my lips once and then sits the edge of the bed.
"Oh, and now you got a nice hickey on your neck," he laughs. I sigh and hits him with a pillow. He spins around with his mouth gapping open.
"Why did you do that?"
"Because you have me a hickey although you know I'm going outside. Everyone is going to see it," I whine.
"Oh, no one is going to care," he smiles. I head for the door and hold out my hand.
"Come on. I need clothes for the big race," I smile. He runs over to me and takes my hand. I pull him along until I think of something.
"Where is Elizabeth?" I ask.
"Probably in the kitchen," he pulls me along until we get to the kitchen where Cinna, Elizabeth, and George are talking and making food. They all three turn towards us and Elizabeth and Cinna scream when they see me.
"Oh, I'm so glad you are walking again," Elizabeth says.
"I'm glad you and Damien are better," Cinna points at her neck behind Elizabeth and I know she sees the hickey on my neck. I giggle a little and then glare at Damien. All he does is grin and shrug his shoulders while looking straight ahead.
"So Elizabeth, do you have any comfortable clothes for racing?" I ask keeping my neck turned away from Elizabeth.
"Sure, but why?"
"Because I'm going to race Jacob," I smile.
"You can't race yet! Your back is only starting to heal," George interjects.
"But I already made a deal with him to race after dinner," I complain. "And I feel much better!" George sighs and walks over to me.
"Go get some clothes on them come back down and I'll examine your back. If I have to I'll talk to Jacob to postpone the race then I will," he smiles. "Besides, we don't need you getting hurt so that you can go on runs with us." I look at Damien and he glares at George.
"Okay, but I'm still racing tonight no matter what," I say as Elizabeth grabs my hand and pulls me out of the kitchen. Damien follows us and she brings me to a room that I have yet to see. The room is yellow with yellow covers on the bed. I jump up on the bed and roll around on it.
"I haven't been in an actual bed in a long time," I state. I hear the door squeak open even more and glance towards it. Damien stands there chuckling to himself.
"What's so funny?" I ask.
"You are just like a cat, rolling around on the bed like that," he laughs. Elizabeth walks out of the closet.
"You are just like a cat," she smiles handing me a pile of clothes. It consist of a blue, purple, and pink mixed sports bra, a tight black shirt, a pair of black leggings, unmatched socks, and a pair of purple shoes. "You can wear these for now," she kisses my forehead and pats my cheek. She slips out of the room. Damien begins walking out of the room but I call after him. He stope and turns around to face me.
"Don't leave me alone. Come back in here," he comes back into the room.
"I'll stay with you," he smiles. He sits on the edge of the bed as I start slipping off his shirt. I feel him come up behind me and begin running his hands down my back. I shiver and then pull the shirt off the rest of the way. He puts his chin on my shoulder as I begin slipping into my leggings. He nibbles on my shoulder and wraps his arms around my hips.
"Damien," I growl softly.
"Kaylee," he growls back roughly. His hands run up my stomach to my chest. He continues to nibble on my shoulder as he squeezes my chest. I throw my head back, turn towards him, and wrap my arms around his neck.
"Damien," I whine and moan. "I said later tonight after the race."
"But I want you now," he growls. I get out of his grasp and start panting.
"Later tonight, I pinkie promise." He sighs and hands me the sports bra and shirt.
"Put it on so I can control myself," he says with a hint of sadness in his voice. I quickly slip into my clothes and shoes then went up to Damien. I kiss his cheek and smile.
"Is that better?" He nods and I starts walking away. I hear him whistle.
"You have a nice butt in leggings," he laughs. I laugh and I run off. Damien starts chasing after me. I laugh and stop once we get outside. I scan around until I spot George. I run over to him and tap his shoulder. He turns around to face me and smiles.
"Hey, Kaylee! Now that you have clothes on I need to look at your back to see if you are allowed to race Jacob tonight." I follow him into the room where I have been staying in since I got hurt. I sit down on the bed and stare up at the ceiling. He comes up behind me and I lifts my shirt. He runs his finger across the stitches. I shiver as he did this.
"Your back looks nice. It is healing really well." He lets go of my shirt and I pulls it back down.
"Am I good to race?" I ask hoping that I could be able to beat Jacob... I mean... race him.
"I suppose, just don't strain yourself and if you feel any pain then you come and find me immediately." I nod my head and hop off the bed. I sped off down the hall then outside. I spot Damien, who had his back turned towards me. I run at him and jump up on his back. He spins around and nearly throws me off.
"Looks like your girlfriend is better," Zachariah laughs. I hop off of Damien's back and go to his side. Damien turns towards me.
"So did George say you were okay to race?"
"Yes he did," I smile proudly.
"Race? Race who?" Zachariah asks.
"Jacob. I am going to race Jacob," I smile. I feel a hand touch my shoulder.
"And she is going to lose," Jacob says with his hand on my shoulder.
"I doubt you can beat me," I grab Damien's hand and pull him away. I pull him until we get to the garden. Damien stops me half way through the garden.
"So?" He asked. "What did you do when you were younger?"
"My dad was in the FBI. He also had a lot of training including; army training, boxing, and lots of physical training. My dad, over the last few years, had taught me a few things. I also used to do gymnastics before this all happened so I have continued to improve on those skills."
"I didn't know you were that strong."
"You want to see how strong I am?" I grab his hand then go to flip him on his back when he grabs my hand and puts it behind my back. I squirm around until he lets me go.
"I'm the dominant one," he winks. I shove him and laugh.
"Shut up and help me stretch. I need to beat your dad." I lift my leg so that I am doing a needle. Damien wraps his arms around me. That is when I feel it poking me. Without meaning to, I moan. Damien sets me down and turns away from me. I put my leg down and begin rubbing his shoulders.
"It's almost time for the race. After that you can have me and do whatever you want to me," he sighs and turns around.
"Fine," he smirks. "Now, let's go get some dinner so you can hurry up and beat my dad in a race." He pulls me along to his house, which I haven't been in forever. We walk into the kitchen and stand in the doorway. Damien goes and sits down. I look around the table and see the first night I come here. I smile as I see myself being a wimp, a paranoid little girl.
"Kaylee, come eat," Elizabeth calls. I smile and sits down next to Damien. On the table is spaghetti and meatballs. I take my plate and take a whole big spoon full and plop it on my plate. I eat my spaghetti quickly and sit there while everyone else finishes eating. I am so pumped to beat Jacob. My heart is beating a hundred miles an hour. My adrenaline is on high alert. I feel my legs start to shake. Jacob quickly finishes his food. I stand up and walk to the door.
"Are you coming or not?" Jacob stands up and follows me out. Once we get outside, I notice that people were already gathering around to see the big race. We both line up, side by side, at one end of the camp.
"All the way down?" I ask.
"All the way down and back," he answers smiling. Elizabeth stands just beside us in our line of vision. Damien comes up to me and grabs my wrist.
"Be careful," he asks.
"I'll be fine," I smile. Elizabeth looks at the both of us.
"Now, no cheating. All the way down and back. On your mark, get set, go!"