No Take Backs

KAITLYN SIGHED LOUDLY, as she finally got Abbi to sleep. Abbi wouldn't close her eyes until she saw her mommies' faces, and apparently, Kaitlyn didn't know how to recite her favorite bedtime story. Who knew little red riding hood would get Kaitlyn in so much trouble?
When her daughters finally made it back to the cabin, hand in hand, with smiles upon their faces, Kaitlyn grinned widely.
"Don't tell me you finished her off in the car, honey?"
Both of their eyes widened, as they entered the kitchen.
"Mum!" Rosalie glared at her mother, "I finished her off in the shower."
She grinned too. She was too happy to scold her mother. And the blush on Elizabeth's face was worth it.
"I see," Kaitlyn grabbed a bottled water from the fridge, "how was your date then?"
Rosalie shrugged and winked at her wife. Elizabeth scoffed and went to check on Abbi. The house was so full that each family had to stay in one room, except for Kaitlyn, who slept on her own blow-up mattress. Michelle and Barbara came out of their room, with sleep in their eyes, and headed into the kitchen too.
"It was good. We had pizza and talked. Much nicer than having spaghetti thrown in my hair for dinner."
Michelle and Kaitlyn giggled. Abbi had made a mess with spaghetti once, where Rosalie had even found some in her underwear.
"That was a fun day," Michelle laughed loudly and slapped her thigh, "I love that kid."
Rosalie pursed her lips and ignored Michelle's laughter. She looked at her mother and smiled.
"Mum, I think we're moving from Milan."
Kaitlyn turned with a surprised look on her face.
"Oh?"
Biting down on her lip, she took a seat to listen to what her daughter had to say.
"I might've bought a place right here."
Kaitlyn became confused.
"Why are you buying a second place here?"
"Maybe because she's a millionaire?"
Michelle intervened. Barbara smacked her daughter's arm for her to shut up. Michelle never knew when to mind her own business.
"It's Beth's childhood home. I couldn't not buy it when I saw it up for sale."
"Awww."
Both Barbara and Michelle cooed. Kaitlyn nodded in understanding with a smile on her face.
"You sure it's a good idea? I mean I love this little town, but you're accustomed to the city life."
Rosalie shrugged.
"Once I have my family with me, I'll be okay."
"Awww, that's so sweet."
Michelle said, not realizing that Rosalie wasn't referring to her.
"I meant my wife and daughter, Michelle."
Michelle's smile turned into a frown. She shrugged and left the kitchen.
"I think it's a great idea, Rosalie. You'll be closer to all of us. I never liked it when you moved to Milan."
Rosalie smiled, as Barbara left the kitchen too, but didn't expect to see Andrew rushing in with only his t-shirt on. Kaitlyn covered her daughter's eyes with a chuckle.
"Andrew, come here."
Margaret rushed in, as he ran toward Kaitlyn and hid behind her.
"Mommy, no bedtime. I wanna stay up too."
Rosalie giggled, as she smacked her mother's hand away and looked at Andrew run into the pantry.
"Don't make me-"
"Don't yell at him, Marge," Zoe walked in and headed over to her son. He didn't run away and she picked him up into her arms, "you're getting so heavy."
He giggled and leaned his head against his mother's shoulder.
"Mommy, can I stay up too?"
He called both of his mothers by the same name? Didn't it get confusing?
"If you sleep now, tomorrow I'll take you to the toy store and get you a new transformer."
He nodded immediately, as she carried him to bed. Hopefully, she'd put some pants on him too.
"Motherhood's a pain in the ass."
Margaret huffed. Kaitlyn and Rosalie chuckled. Of course it is.
"I complain all the time too. Abbi says that I have to learn to recite all of her bedtime stories. I'm still working on it."
Margaret grabbed a seat and leaned backward with a sigh.
"Andrew's got me memorizing the definitions of all our names. Who knew my name means pearl? I know I've got a great aunt name Pearl."
Margaret laughed. Rosalie noticed her wife heading back into the kitchen. Elizabeth walked up to Rosalie and wrapped her arms around her neck.
"Abbi woke up," Rosalie looked behind Elizabeth expecting Abbi to rush in, "she's asleep now. But she said she'd love to move here."
"Really?"
Rosalie's eyes flickered.
"Really, really. And she wants to go to public school," Rosalie frowned, "I told her that we'd talk about it."
"Public school?"
Elizabeth laughed at the look on Rosalie's face. Kaitlyn gave her daughter once last nudge for the night, before heading to bed to give them some privacy. Margaret did the same.
"I went to public school. And I turned out just fine. You went to public school too."
Rosalie snickered and nodded.
"But she's so little. Maybe when she's in high school we'll discuss the possibility."
"If we're moving, we need to take her wants into consideration. She's leaving all of her friends behind, and the place where she grew up."
Rosalie pulled Elizabeth closer.
"Fine, but if anything goes wrong-"
"Something always goes wrong when it comes to kids. As long as she gets good grades and is happy and safe-"
"And has that twenty-five million in her trust fund," Rosalie earned a glare, "okay, okay. I meant twenty-seven million."
Elizabeth shoved Rosalie and headed to the fridge. Rosalie followed her wife and wrapped her arms around her waist from behind.
"I don't want them to know about their trust funds until they're twenty-nine. When Abbi turns eighteen, she'll get a condo and a car wherever she decides to go to college. No excessiveness, Rosalie. You have to promise."
"Can I pay for her vacations at least? She deserves to travel."
Elizabeth nodded.
"Not more than two a year. Fuck, we really are boujee," Rosalie smiled widely and kissed Elizabeth's neck, "and I'm only taking the place you bought because I don't want to hurt your feelings," Rosalie nodded and kissed Elizabeth's shoulder blade. Turning into Rosalie's arms, she wrapped her arms around her neck, "and I'll be your business partner, Miss Watson."
Rosalie bit down on her bottom lip.
"No take backs?"
Elizabeth narrowed her eyes. The smile on her face was lighting up the room, or maybe it was just Rosalie noticing that.
"No take backs. Let's shake on it?" Rosalie pulled Elizabeth in for a kiss. Gripping Elizabeth's hips, she gently massaged her wife's tongue with her own, "a kiss works fine too."
Elizabeth said out of breath.