Six

Kacy Noelle Brown
(Lil bit)

As I laid in the hospital bed , I looked at the twins in awe

As I laid in the hospital bed , I looked at the twins in awe. I really birthed two kids... this shit is mind blowing. I'm a whole momma out in the streets, I'm only 19. My store is doing great I'm so proud of my success money flowing in so I can save up for the kids. Kade started to whine a little bit so I got up to tend to him. Picking him up he looked at me with his big brown eyes and instantly stopped crying . As I rocked him I made my way to Trina looking over her as she slept. Keon came in with two bags from Bucharest making my mouth water.

" What's in the bag?" I said with a smirk shaking my shoulders

" Yo normal, put him down so you can eat he's okay." Keon spoke gently placing the bag on my table and sitting in the chair near my hospital bed

" thank you sweets" I said kissing his cheek before I sat back down

" How you feeling ? Are you going through postpartum?? Are you okay mentally?" He said stuffing his face with waffle fries

" I - um wow" I was shocked that he asked me that. No one has ever took an interest in how I feel and what I go through mentally. " I'm living.... I'm not sad I'm not happy I'm numb foreal. I'm happy that I have my babies but I always think back around the time they were conceived and that's a bad place for me. Everyday I wake up feeling disgusted with myself. That man took everything from me that night...." I said fiddling with my fingers and staring at the white blanket that covered the bed

" Do you think if you get a dna test you will feel differently? The babies look like you to me they don't have my features or his. Maybe that will make you feel a tiny bit better."

" No cause if I take it and they're his I would lose my mind and I don't need that. I don't care what the results says those are your kids. You took care of me and them this whole time not knowing how it would end."

" ima be by your side regardless. You're my friend something like a best friend. I wouldn't know what to do without you in my life and now you gave me two more things to look forward to see in the morning and at night." By now Ke was sitting in front of me holding my hands gently giving me all eye contact making me a little nervous.

I don't know what it is but it feels different. Him looking at me that way makes me feel like a kid in a candy store. He has so much love in his eyes when it comes to looking at me. He's definitely hard bidy to the streets but a softy to me.

" Kacy before I do this I don't regret a thing and whatever you decide I'm fine with it." He said above a whisper. Next thing I know he latched his lips to mine instantly making me melt in his arms. Kissing him back he hands roamed to my waist squeezing and rubbing.

" Best I'm sorry I- oops oh am I interrupting something here" Mercedes said with a smirk on her face as she opened the door to my hospital room making me sigh and mug her with no hesitation.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Mercedes Mason
(Cedes)

I automatically felt the tension in the room

I automatically felt the tension in the room. If looks could kill I'll be six feet under,they're stares felt like daggers. I cleared my throat a little bit and wiping my sweaty hands against my pants. Here goes nothing.

" I know you're mad at me but please let me explain. " I clasped my hands together pouting

" Explain what? How you wasn't here for YOUR god kids? Did I really make the right decision in choosing you?? If something happens to me or Keon would you be there to pick up the pieces and raise my kids? Cause right about now it's not looking like it. " she said tearing up but I could tell she refused to let them drop. My heart broke hearing those words she has never spoken to me like this before... she doesn't trust me with the kids and I haven't even met them yet.

" I promise you its a good reason, please you gotta hear me out" I said walking closer to her but out of arms reach she couldn't get me I figured she can't walk since she just them.

" Go ahead cedes " Keon said nodding his head my direction while rubbing Kacy's hand calming her down

" Okay imma just cut to the chase because I don't have time. The reason why I wasn't here was because Titus who is Tommy's brother had me locked in a cell after he did this to me." I said showing them the many cigar burns. Looking at them they were angry and hurt.  " the only reason why I'm hanging with Sam is because I had to help her find dirt on you guys so Titus could get revenge behind some shit y'all got between each other. But I haven't switched sides he threatened to kill all of you guys if I didn't help. He was the one who got Jason hurt." I rambled on twisting my hair cause right about now I'm having an anxiety attack. I could be possibly loosing my family.

" okay that's a lot to take in is there anymore things we need to know?" Keon said tapping his foot aggressively but his face was calm

" yes Sam also went the house and I thought she didn't find anything cause she didn't have anything in her hands or told me she did but once we met up with Titus she pulled out a Manila folder out her purse giving it to him."

" and you been working with him since you was in the hospital?? " Keon spoke lowly

" No he kidnapped me from the hospital. Everything in the last week has been happening so fast and I'm coming to you now so we can beat them at their own game."

" Look for right now this is too much I can't be dealing with this. Y'all go ahead and do what y'all I just want to be with my babies...." Kacy said getting out the bed walking to the cribs they babies were in.

" Can I - No" Kacy shot down my question before I could finish making me nod my head.

Keon got up walking over to his family, he gave a kiss to the babies before kissing Kacy's forehead and hugging her right. He whispered something in her ear then wiped her face.

" come on you gotta tell everybody" Keon spoke walking out the room making me look at my best friend one more time before following out.