ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ | Who is She?

The harsh blows of the wind did nothing to deter you from the boredom you felt in your bones as you count the number of wisteria petals that drifted onto your altered miko vestments.

With how long I'm waiting you'd think an entire century has passed-  not even Lady Saiguu would take this long. You grumble to yourself in annoyance. 

The hardwood floor did nothing to aid your lounging about either, the wait for your supposed business partner growing even longer under the lazy afternoon sun. You were currently beneath the shade of your business partner- Ubuyashiki-'s estate. 

The servants were more than kind enough to provide tea and snacks to nibble on, yet it did nothing to ease your languor. Suddenly, a small metal clink! resounded through the air, your ears perking up at the sudden disarray the noise brought.

You look back only to see a young girl with raven-colored hair, nervous- yet blank- orchid-colored eyes staring back at you. You notice a coin atop one of her palms and rose a brow. She looked away for a moment as if waiting for something to happen.

"Hello, young one." Amused, you decide to entertain the girl's whims, beckoning her closer to your spot. She shyly goes closer to you, ultimately choosing to sit just a bit closer to where you sat.

"Are you hungry?" Sliding one of the snacks over to her, you await her response. She fidgets with the snack, then slowly shoves something towards your lap. 

Oh? A book? 

Upon further inspection, you realize it's one of the novels your publishing house had just serialized and smiled a little at the coincidence. You give a few pats on the girl's head, thoroughly amused.

"Thank you for this," You start, omitting the fact that you already read the novel, and continue on your sentence. "What's your name, little one?"

The girl looked askance, silently propping her coin throw up before landing once again onto her palm. 

"I'm Tsuyuri- Tsuyuri Kanao. Please call me however you'd like." She stands as she speaks, formally bowing towards you. You give a light laugh in turn.

"Alright then, if you don't mind me calling you by your first name, Kanao-chan, you can call me [Name]." The little one looked frantic, face flushing at the prospect of calling a respected shrine maiden by their given name.

"It's alright, it's alright. I don't mind." Smiling, you dust off the small crumbs off of your vestment as you stand, drawing closer to Kanao in order to fix her hair which you had messed up prior.

"[Last Name]-sama, Oyakata-sama is ready to meet you." A servant piped up from behind you, just now approaching your vicinity with much hurry.

You nod in turn, adjusting the butterfly clip on Kanao's hair before allowing yourself to be guided into Ubuyashiki's abode.