ғʀᴀɢᴍᴇɴᴛs | Her Kindness

The sun- it was warm against your skin, and with the harsher rays subsiding you're left sunbathing, your boredom also simmering higher and higher, fingers softly skimming over the novel you were reading.

Whilst lounging about, you feel your ears perk up at the sound of small feet padding outside your room, drawing closer and closer before sliding the door open and close.

It must be that little brat, Kumori..

You don't turn back, waiting for the small steps to come closer until you whips around, affectionately scoop the mysterious person in a hug, messing up their hair as you ruffled it.

They give a startled yelp, followed by laughter as you continue hugging them tightly.

"Little Kumori-kun, what on earth made you come here? I thought you were playing with that Kiriya boy." 

He says nothing, only puffing out his cheeks and shyly looking away, heterochromatic eyes refusing to meet your own

Kumori was a yokai like you- (Though he was a whole-blooded yokai, unlike you who had a human father. A descendant of a byakko¹, more specifically. The little one was barely five when you had found him half-alive near the shrine, and you couldn't help but break one of the shrine rules of having a male servant in his stead). 

He whispers out something inaudible, nuzzling closer into your shontoku. 

"I may have good hearing, but you'll never learn to communicate with your people if you keep this up. you need to speak louder, little one. " You tease, gently touching his nose with your index finger.

Little Kumori's eyes widen in disbelief, then he proceeds to profusely shake his head 'no'. You give a light laugh, scooping the boy up in your arms as you stand, making your way out of the estate and into the garden.

Just as you reach the garden, you're suddenly stopped by a set of twins arriving close to you, bowing their heads in reverence.

"[Last Name]-sama, we apologize to have disturbed your rest, but father had requested we call you to him." You use your empty hand to wave at them, allowing the twins to stop bowing.

"Come on, dears. I've known you both since you were mere babies, there's no need to address me like that." 

You then let Kumori down back to the ground, and he instantly gravitates back to Kiriya, cloud-colored hair bouncing as he struts over to his friend.

Making your way toward's Ubuyashiki's estate, which was not far from your own, you beckon the three children to come along, making them walk forward to make sure they stay safe.

────────────

"Hello, Amane-san; You called, Kagaya-kun?" The corps leader, who was guided by his wife Amane, stepped closer to you, reaching for your hands.