ғʀᴀɢᴍᴇɴᴛs | About [Name]

Tanjiro sneezes, wrapping himself with the blanket provided as he sips the soup that Urokodaki-san made for him.

The rain grew harder as the day sunk into the afternoon. Urokodaki sighs as this. "We should cancel your training today. I'll send word to [Last Name]-san to discourage her trek here today."

"Ah, okay..." The silence drawls out for a moment, Tanjiro deciding to nervously finish his soup before asking his question.

"Excuse me, Urokodaki-sensei..."

"Hm."

"Why do you call [Name] respectfully? As uh- As far as I'm aware, you're older than her, are you not?"

The former water pillar gives a loud laugh at that. 

"I should be asking you that, Tanjiro. Calling the Grand Narukami Shrine's head priestess so casually like that."

The young boy's eyes widen in surprise.

"Grand Narukami Shrine? I've... never heard of it before, but it sounds fancy."

"That's because it is fancy, young boy. The shrine's revered very highly, and even more so under [Last Name]'s guidance."

Tanjiro shifts to the side. 

"That's understandable, she seems dependable. But does hard work really let you gain that much fame? It doesn't seem like a former pillar like you would care about outside titles. Respectfully speaking, I mean."

Urokodaki-san gives a hum in turn. "You're right. However, I think anyone would be respectful towards the head priestess that has direct relations to the gods of the world."

"E-eh?" The boy jumps in his seat, startled at the revelation.

"Yes. The shrine has frequent interactions with different kinds of deities, and [Last Name]-san herself had been able to talk to two major gods, one you could call Ei and Makoto."

"I... do not know of them." Tanjiro answers, embarrassed.

"Those gods were more well-known under the Demon Corps jurisdiction. It's understandable."

Urokodaki moves closer to the young boy, patting his shoulder before calmly reaching towards Tanjiro's empty soup bowl to refill it.

"And why is that?"

"That's because one of the gods, Ei, is responsible for the creation of wisteria flowers."

Double post! I didn't know how I wanted to give more information about [Name] without directly interfering with the story, so I settled with this! I hope you all like it because I'll be doing more fragments between chapters to give [Name] a bit more depth.