ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ | Seven Nights

The way back to Urokodaki's house was a lot faster now that you'd been able to properly memorize the layout.

You were excited, to say the least. Though you did visit on occassion you never had much time to say for long, as your shrine duties all but made you too tired to successfully trek to Urokodaki's house.

If I'm not mistaken, it's been over five months since I've seen Tanjiro. Or Nezuko, for that matter. I wonder if she's finally awake. 

Your sandals loudly clacked against the path as the terrain gradually got more uneven. It was loud, being the only sound clashing against the gentle sounds of nature. 

When you finally got to the house, the door slid open for you to see Urokodaki-san. "Hello, [Last Name]-san. It has been a while."

"It has, it has. How's Tanjiro? Is he still learning swordfighting outside?" Tanjiro's teacher shakes his head, slowly looking out at the misty training ground.

"He had left a few hours before you arrived. If you had read the most recent letter, I told you the date and time the final selection would've taken place."

You scoff, slightly embarrassed.

"The duties of a shrine maiden are absolutely draining. How do you think that I, the head priestess of the shrine would have time to see the lett-"

Urokodaki-san bursts out laughing at that, clutching his sides, his calm demeanor completely obliterated within a second.

"Yeah, sure. I guess I'll believe you this time, [Last Name]-san."

You chuckle along with Urokodaki, this time not restricting the volume of your laughter. "Hey, Urokodaki-san?"

He hums, signaling for you to continue.

"How's she been doing? Nezuko, I mean."

"She's still asleep, but I have a feeling she'll wake up soon." Urokodaki-san states.

You nod in understanding, Urokodaki-san handing you a cup of tea to soothe your body.

────────────

You sit in silence, watching the white-haired man stand and start prepping for dinner.

It was nice. The atmosphere of it all made it seem like you were just stopping by an old friend's house. And it probably would have stayed that way if not for the loud knocking coming from the door's entrance.

Quizzically, you look at Urokodaki, the question of 'Do you know who that is?' imminent in your bearing. He shakes his head no, before returning to cooking.