ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ | Affable Frostbite

You had surmised the probability of a demon being sighted, but never in your wildest dreams did you think you'd see a human help one.

Masking your surprise, you slowly inch yourself towards the injured boy, careful to not wake the currently passed-out demon.

"Child, I need you to listen to me." The young boy startles at the sound of your soft voice, heaving a relieved sigh as he motions to run in your direction, despite his tired state.

"Please, help me! My- My family was attacked by something and- my sister and I need help! Please, please bring us to a docto-" 

His abrupt actions to draw closer to you had awoken the sleeping demon, both you and Giyuu clutching onto your weapons. 

His scarred hands gripped the sword tightly as he rushes forward toward the demon that had lunged for its brother, leaving you to follow in stride with your gohei in hand.

Exorcise the demons. 

"Do not worry, young one. I'll make sure your sister leaves the world with no pain nor regrets." You say, reaching toward the inhuman creature that was being nursed by its brother.

You were then abruptly taken back in shock as the brunette child tried to face Tomioka's blow head-on in place for his sister.

"Child, what are you doing?! That isn't your sister anymore, it's now a demon! Step back before it devours you!" Hastily tucking away your gohei, you frantically try to tug back the water pillar's attack, barely grazing the burgundy hair of the young stranger.

The water pillar manages to get a good grip on the demon, safely giving distance between it and its brother, least it tries to eat him whole.

"You can't kill Nezuko! Please! She's all I have left. Please, let me get to a doctor at least-" The child proceeds to bow face-first into the cold snow, and your colleague's own face hardens in response.

"Groveling will not work in this situation." A tsk leaves your mouth, annoyed at having to explain the whole ordeal.

You raise your gohei once more to point at the demon currently struggling in Giyuu's grasp. 

"Do you think you were the first one to think those things have consciousness? Don't be stupid." His scarlet eyes dim a little at that. Grief strikes through his face as he realizes that you might be right.

Damn it all, I can't believe over the years I've grown so soft for humanity. Makoto would've been hysterical by now.

"...What is your name, young one? If you'd like, I could take responsibility in your stead and place you under the care of my shrine. They'll provide you with more comfort than this place ever could." Shifting closer to the boy, he perks his head up in surprise, yet slowly inches away from you as well.

"Kamado. Kamado Tanjiro. And she's Kamado Nezuko." He points at the demon girl continuously attempting to claw at the water pillar, and much to your amusement, you notice Tomioka's face soften slightly at Tanjiro's gesture.