Chapter 1

Chapter 1

( picture of her reaction to being saved,

" Miss South....Miss South.... Miss South" the teacher yelled and I jumped dropping my pencil." Yes, Mr. Nabu" I asked snapping out of my daydream and he sighed." Stay after class, Miss South" I nodded and looked to see that I had, once again, drew the face I kept dreaming about. It had been the same dream for as long as I could remember.

The bell rang and everyone left the room but me. Mr. Nabu stood in front of my desk and let out a sigh" Will, you've been drifting off into your own world more and more these days, your failing my class and if this continues I'll be forced to call your parents" I frowned my eyes narrowing.

" you mean my adopted parents" I mumbled and he touched my shoulder. Before you get the wrong Idea, Mr. Nabu was actually my uncle and the only one who actually cared about me. At home, I was treated like a maid, as a child I would pretend I was Cinderella and that my prince charming would come and rescue me but after a while, I realized that stuff only happens in fairy tales.

" I get that you hate them but they are your parents, by blood or not. Now come on, I'll drive you home"

" nah, I'll walk" he nodded before leaving. I left the classroom and was putting everything in my locker when I heard someone call my name. I looked around but the hallway was empty. When I looked back at my locker, a small box sat on top of my books. I sighed" 5th one this week". I opened the box and inside was a silver ring with a crest on it. The crest was of a Butterfly in the middle of a circle. I rolled my eyes, putting the ring away in my bag before leaving the school. I was walking past an alleyway when I heard the around of aiming sucking. I frowned and walked silently toward the alleyway and his behind a dumpster. What I saw made me want to puke, it was a vampire out for his latest meal.

You see, I lived in a world where Vampires were a known thing, but you almost never saw one. I was about to leave and pretend I didnt see anything when I felt something near my face, before I could scream, a hand covered my mouth and the creature whispered" shhh, it will only hurt for a second, little human" I closed my eyes and tears skipped down my cheeks, at least I would getaway from that awful place and those people who didn't care about me.

He was about to attack me when he was thrown off me. I opened my eyes to see a man with glowing red eyes glaring the vampire who had almost killed me but when I looked over, the vampire was gone. I looked back at the man and he wiped the tear away." Its alright, your safe now, Victorian".

I couldnt see the guys face because it was covered by a hood. I backed away in fear"what do you want?" I asked and the man sighed" its a long story which will have to wait until you've regained consciousness " before I could react everything went black.