Chapter 6

Above is jason

Chapter 6

I watched as the sun set outside of the carriage window." we will be making a quick stop before we get to the castle" Alexander told me and I looked over at him." you will need to be taught" his mentor told me and I frowned making Alexander laugh as he said" your lessons start now"

" sit up straight, no slouching" his mentor ordered giving me an example and I sat up copying him. He reached over to correct me on something when the carriage was thrown side ways and it tipped making cry out in fear. Alexander wrapped his arms around me to shield me from the impact and I closed my eyes. When the carriage stopped moving his Mentor looked at Alexander" get her to safety, now, we will hold them off. Alexander nodded before pulling me into his arms once more and jumping from the carriage. He started running and held on for dear life at the crazy speed he was going, the wind whipped my hair around us and I was forced to close my eyes again a few minutes later he set me on the ground and I opened my eyes" stay hidden, I will return soon, understand" I nodded and he disappeared. I curled into a ball and hid behind the tree waiting for him to come back. I heard footsteps and looked over to a figure approaching but it wasn't Alexander. His eyes were the same as the red ones I saw in my room but they were purple and his hair was pitch black. He wore a black cloak with golden lining but the inside of it was blood red. When he saw me he smiled evilly a me." well your just making to easy for me, my sweet princess"

" what do you want from me" I asked and he chuckled" come here" he ordered but I stayed where I was making him sigh." I was going to let you keep your free will but it seems that is out of the question now" he raised his hand and something wrapped around my wrists before I was pulled to my feet by an unknown force. My body shot toward him and he grabbed my arms making me wince in pain as it felt like his very touch burned me. He leaned toward me and I moved out of his reach making him sigh." I've had control over you since the day you were born, fighting is useless." he whispered and my eyes widened. He chuckled before letting me go, as he did it was like all my energy was sucked away and I fell to the ground at his feet." such power" he mumbled before smirking.

" please, just tell me what you want" I begged and he knelt next to me, tucking a strand of hair my ear" I want the throne, I want you as my queen but most importantly I want the humans to know just who is master" my eyes widened in fear. I heard Alexander call my name and the man carefully picked me up before leaning me against a tree nearby." but for now I want you to know this, if you continue to resist me Victorian, I will burn your kingdom to the ground and reduce you people to nothing more then rats" Then he stood up and turned to walk away but stopped when I called out" who are you"

he smiled" they call me the shadow but you, my sweet princess may call me Jason" then he turned and walked away. A few minutes later, Alexander appeared with his mentor. Alexander picked me up off the ground and I closed my eyes falling asleep in his arms. When I opened my eyes, I was laying in a bed with a the blanket carefully placed around me." how are you feeling " I heard Alexander's mentor as and I looked over." why am I so tired" I asked

" possibly because you have been drained completely by the shadow"

" why did he do it" I asked and he sighed" long ago legends told of a child who would bring light back to our world and push back the darkness. The shadow learned of the child and spent centuries trying to find her, that was until you were born Victorian. He could have killed you and your mother, but instead he waited, he still waits. For what we have no idea but one thing is certain, you are precious to him and your very existence could be his undoing."

" then why didn't he kill me" I asked sitting up.

" perhaps even he is curious to see what you will do when you become queen"

I crossed my arms" what if I don't to be Queen" I whispered

" then we are most defiantly doomed" Alexander said from the doorway and I groaned in annoyance as I buried my head in the pillow behind me making his mentor chuckle at my nonexistent maturity.